What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 skype problem

OzzyB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone help find a solution? Whenever I make a video call to my friend only he can see me but I can't see him.

iPadPil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone help find a solution? Whenever I make a video call to my friend only he can see me but I can't see him.

Skype is not supporting yet iPad2. Wait until they release a new app for iPad2 or use Facetime if your friend has an iOS product.

OP
O

OzzyB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it works fine when my friend video calls me....so the problem is on my side

Reaction score
OzzyB said:
Hi,

Do you both have iPad 2's? I mean, his device has a camera, right?

In Skype, there isn't much you can do wrong, just tap into the Skype window once to bring up the menu (when you are in a Skype call), press Video Call and then select the correct camera by pressing the Camera button in the top left corner.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
No issues for video to video ipad2 skyping for me.

When you install, make sure you cold boot then restart the app. Make sure both you and friend have video activated too. Sounds obvious, but it does happen.

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is easy to not hit video when making a call - done it a couple times at first. However vid works fine as I've done ipad2 to ipad2 several times without any problem. Just make sure to hit video call not just call :)

Wish they would come out with an actual iPad app - the stupid 2x thing is annoying ...

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wish they would come out with an actual iPad app - the stupid 2x thing is annoying ...

Agreed... and the "End Call" button is annoying and no way to hide it during a call. It covers the other person's mouth and chin usually.

Ipad007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try Tango. another great videoconferencing app. great for cross platform video calling, mobile to mobile

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agreed... and the "End Call" button is annoying and no way to hide it during a call. It covers the other person's mouth and chin usually.

Turn the volume up - saves having to lip read! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts