What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 Scanner

rickyricardo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, probably asked before but I could not find any info with search. Is there an app that is specific for the ipad 2 that will allow documents to be scanned and saved as pdfs?

thanks..........rick

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Rick - if you are asking whether the iPad's back camera can be used to scan in documents and save them as PDF files on the device, I would doubt it but will listen to others who might have more experience. You would likely need a dedicated scanner or multi-functional printer w/ scanning capability, along w/ OCR (optical character recognition software) to scan your documents onto a computer - the files then could be transferred to the iPad w/ wired or wireless options.

Now, I do have several iPad scanning programs but neither would accomplish the goals asked - one is a movie database in which the iPad's back camera is used to recognize the bar code on a DVD or BD case and then w/ a Wi-Fi connection will automatically bring up the image of the film along w/ TONS of data concerning the movie; another is a QR Code scanner app (Check HERE) that can scan in those QR boxes and then bring up information about a product, news, photos, etc.

Not sure what else is out there that uses the 'back camera' for other than taking still photos/videos? Good luck in your search and please post back if you do find an interesting iPad solution - :)

va7db

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Rick, try using DocScan HD, it works like a charm for me on my iPad2
Dave

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
rickyricardo said:
Hi, probably asked before but I could not find any info with search. Is there an app that is specific for the ipad 2 that will allow documents to be scanned and saved as pdfs?

thanks..........rick

You might try Scan to PDF, works well on iPhone.

Never, never, never give up -- Winston Churchill

Most reactions

Latest posts