What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 really slow

emma2110

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me why my iPad 2 as slowed right down. It's not got that much on it. My lap top and my phone are connected to my broadband and there working fine. I got told apple products can't get viruses is that correct.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me why my iPad 2 as slowed right down. It's not got that much on it. My lap top and my phone are connected to my broadband and there working fine. I got told apple products can't get viruses is that correct.

G'day Emma. It does the iPad good after you have been using it a while and particularly if it starts to show some strange behaviour TO RESET (or reboot) it. All that does is straighten out its memory, fix up cache storage etc.

Do this: in landscape mode simultaneously hold down the On/Off button and the Home button until the screen blacks out. Keep holding until the white apple logo appears. The On slider button may or may not appear - just ignore it, keep holding. When that white apple appears, let go both buttons. Then wait, about 30 seconds, and the On slider appears. Slide it on and you can almost hear the iPad give a sigh of satisfaction your machine should perform better. Tell us how you got on.
Yes Apple gear, using apps within a closed "sand box" environment have not experienced any viruses.
Regards, Andrew

Last edited:

rajk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Did you try restarting the ipad. There is almost zero probability that your ipad has virus.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Hi Emma, just wondering if you have all your apps still running in the background??

Press the home button twice quickly, your screen will move up and possibly lots of apps will be displayed, press the first one and keep your finger on till it wiggles and displays a red cross, press the cross on each one...... This doesn't delete the app, just removes it from running within memory, it's worthwhile doing this every couple of days, it will also increase battery life.

Hope this helps.

Chris
IPF Team

Most reactions

Latest posts