What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 not moving at Lantau Island

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is Saturaday! Doesnt Fedex work on weekends? My Ipad 2 is still just hanging out at Lantau Island Local. It needs to move, my fingers are getting itchy, my heart is racing, and my coffee is cold...

no...unless it's saturday delivery, but trucks, unless slated with saturday delivery, don't move any packages except sunday thru thursday...for delivery the next day...fri and sat nights are ups/fedex weekends

Ryo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad2fedex.jpg

Looks like mine is having an extended vacation there. Estimated delivery date is 23rd. Destination is Los Angeles, CA. Any chance it'll make it before then?
Itchy fingers are itchy.

sanantoniotx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ryo, my shipment summary looks identical to yours. Hopefully ours will fly off to Alaska tonight and be on their way. I am sick of seeing Lantau Island!

WordSmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The packages are traveling international economy. They will make it to Alaska tomorrow and then quickly go through the chain of events for delivery as indicated.

Rotorhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lost in Space....Maybe

My Ipad has been cooling it's heels in the FedEx facility in Hong Kong for 4 days now along with a lot of others.

I just called FedEx and got a reasonable but not happy explaination. There appears to be MORE freight waiting to get onto those planes than there are planes. Mine, at least, will spend at LEAST one more night there....that makes 5. It MIGHT get out tomorrow night but no guarantees.

Thats the story as I heard it.

Regards
Steve

mokjohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out my Fedex updates... it's driving me crazy. Can someone explain why my ipad moved to Lantau march 18th pm and back to Shenzhen and then again back to Lantau? Since then, it's been in Lantau from March 18th- March 21st. What gives?

Shipment Travel History Help Select time zone:

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location
Date/Time Activity Location Details
Mar 21, 2011 11:52 PM At local FedEx facility LANTAU ISLAND HK
Mar 20, 2011 10:41 PMAt local FedEx facilityLANTAU ISLAND HK
Mar 19, 2011 11:50 PMAt local FedEx facilityLANTAU ISLAND HK
Mar 18, 2011 11:50 PMAt local FedEx facilityLANTAU ISLAND HK
Mar 18, 2011 9:23 PMPicked upSHENZHEN CNPackage received after FedEx cutoff
Mar 18, 2011 9:23 PMLeft FedEx origin facilitySHENZHEN CN
Mar 18, 2011 8:48 PMIn transitLANTAU ISLAND HK
Mar 18, 2011 4:57 PMLeft FedEx origin facilitySHENZHEN CN
Mar 17, 2011 4:11 PMShipment information sent to FedEx
Mar 18, 2011 3:52 AMPicked upSHENZHEN CN

Last edited:

owblue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has been sitting in Japan for the last two days. Delivery date has been changed from the 23rd to the 24th. Not sure why it would go to Japan.

WordSmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No real new information, however, I will share with you all.
From FedEx today:
Apple has selected our International Economy Service (which is not a Priority service). It has been in the same area due to lack of space on the aircraft at the origin point. The International Economy Service is a space availability service that has a delivery commitment of 5 to 7 business days. Also, please bear in mind that it still has to clear customs when it reaches Anchorage, Alaska.

sanantoniotx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just talked to one of the head Fed Ex reps. Apparently a lot of cargo meant to go to Japan/ be held here is being diverted to Lantau Island, hence the back up of shipments hanging there. Mine is supposed to be in San Antonio by Wednesday. I am starting to seriously question the legitimacy of that arrival date.

mitch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got mine a few minutes ago :) my delivery date was supposed to be tom Mar22 but it came a day early. I hope all of you get your ipad2 soon.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After sitting in Hong Kong for three days, my iPad has finally shown movement, but only to Taiwan. The scheduled delivery date of Wednesday doesn't seem very likely.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got an email from FedEx on why my. iPad has not moved from HK after getting there last Saturday. Apple only paid for the least expensive mail package so the intent of FedEx is to meet that commitment. In my case a 3-5 business day delivery. So it will sit there until convent for fedEx to ship it or when they have to ship it in order to make the 3-5 day commitment. I would assume as more and more ipad shipments come from China we will see the delivery arrival date being the longest one not the shortest one.

Last edited:
OP
D

Don3927

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea mine too, they must be hanging out together, or out chasing sexy smartphones and miss the plane. I'm beginning to wonder about the 23rd

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They should move quickly once it leaves Lantau.

Mine left Lantau on the 14th, flew to Anchorage the Memphis then Atlanta and got delivered to me in Atlanta around noon on the 15h.

Maybe an extra day if you don't live near an airhub and it has to get trucked further.

owblue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not exactly true. Mine left Lantau on the 19th and has been in Japan since the 20th at 140AM.

Most reactions

Latest posts