What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 lost all POP 3 emails in all boxes after 6.1.3 update

NeedToKnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated my iPad 2 to 6.1.3 and all my POP3 emails were removed from all mailboxes in my email. The sent, inbox, draft and trash boxes were emptied. Funny thing is, they were not removed from my iPhone 5 when it was updated. Any suggestions as to why and if I can get them back? Has it happened to anyone else. Just my POP3 accounts were affected.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated my iPhone 4S and all my POP accounts remain untouched and function normally through years of firmware upgrades, including the latest.

In my settings on iPad email, I have my Pop accounts set to Remove > Never, and Delete from server > Never.

I've had Pop email set up iPad since my first one, purchased on first day of availability, so more than 2.5 years ago, and on iPhone long before that. Haven't lost any email in that time, and every time I get a new iDevice, I copy from backup, so my email settings have remained unchanged for years.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you delete them with a PC then? Or keep every email forever?? I set mine to delete after 1 week. I figure if i deleted by mistake id know within a day or so, otherwise don't want them laying around taking up space forever.

Anyway, you should be able to go into your iPad settings and delete your email account. Then reset it up like new. That should re-download them off your email providers server providing their still actually saved.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I updated my iPad 2 to 6.1.3 and all my POP3 emails were removed from all mailboxes in my email. The sent, inbox, draft and trash boxes were emptied. Funny thing is, they were not removed from my iPhone 5 when it was updated. Any suggestions as to why and if I can get them back? Has it happened to anyone else. Just my POP3 accounts were affected.

This appears to be a fairly regular happening every time there is a system upgrade. Try the advice of Husq250 above to start. What has worked in the past, quite often, is to delete the email account and then re-enter the account details, providing the same info when you first set up the account.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
N

NeedToKnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I just had a "duh" moment when it was suggested to delete the email accounts and redo them. That will definitely get them from the server because I have not logged in to delete them. These were emails I was holding on to for confirmations and reference and delete when outdated from the server. I don't know why I forgot they will be downloaded again when I reinstall the email account. Had to do that with the first two iPads that had to be replaced and the emails were downloaded. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts