What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 lost 3G network

Riccof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in South Africa and have been using my iPad 2 on the 3G network (Vodacom) since I got it about 3 weeks ago without any problems. Then all of a sudden and without warning, it can no longer find a network. It recognizes that the sim is inserted but just keeps on searching......and then gives me the message no service. I have not performed any upgrades (been running new iOS 5 since I switched the thing on) or made any changes between when it was connecting to a mobile network amd when it stopped. I have tried everything I found on the forum ie turned off completely, reset network settings, turned 3G off and on again but to no avail.

I would really appreciate any help.

R

HEG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Riccof, I live in Cape Town. Any more feedback about your post? This exact same thing happened to me as well a few days back.

Thanks

HEG

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check with your carrier. It might be having technical issues.

ebaines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen with my Ipad 2 - it's been working fine and then today it says "No Service" for the AT&T network. I found that a hard reboot fixed it: hold the slep/wake switch and home button simultaneously for about 10 seconds, then the Apple logo appears. About 30 seconds later it was back up, and I have AT&T service again.

Most reactions