What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 Jailbroken 5.0.1: Cant exit safemode! Help!

DatNinjah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok before the story heres the ipad

Ipad 2 Jailbroken
16gb
Wifi

So heres what happened,
I downloaded call of duty: black ops zombies for ipad,
I loaded it up and it said low on ram, so i simply killed all apps in the background and rebooted the ipad,
It took long so i put a charger on it,
I came back maybe an hour later and it was still in the apple boot logo, i put it into safemode, by holding power + sleep untill the apple dissappeared and
Held the volume up button until it finally finished booting, and it was in the form of safe mode but didn't say "Exit Safe
Mode" at the top where the time should be. I opened up cydia and deleated some recent tweaks (about 6) and rebooted it
It got Stuck on the apple boot logo again and i put it back into safe mode again. How do i exit it! Please help!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only way to exit the Mobile Substrate Safe Mode is to reset the iPad (hold both sleep and Home buttons until the white Apple logo appears). I just finished trying it and, while I can see and use SBSettings, doing a respring from there did not work; I was still in the Safe Mode.

So, try the reset again. But this time - have patience. :) Let the iPad work to reset itself. Eventually, the white Apple will go away and the Springboard will come back...

Oh, and Mobile Substrate Safe Mode (the one where you hold the volume up key) doesn't tell you that you're in Safe Mode as the "normal" one does. The only way you know is seeing that you mobile substrate tweaks don't work.

Marilyn

OP
D

DatNinjah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When i reset the ipad it gets stuck on the apple and does not go back to the springboard untill i do the mobile substrate safe mode. Last time i left in on for an hour and put it back to mobile substrate mode and reset it again for atleast overnight and it was still on the apple boot logo until i put it back onto the safe mode :/ ill try again throughout the night and let it do its thing! Thanks Marilyn!

OP
D

DatNinjah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have reset the ipad and hooked a charger to it and left it for 9 hours, and no results! What could the problem be!

Aayushrockz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pressed the "reset all settings" in the reset menu in settings , general . And it got me to safe mode ,it won't go back to springboard ,help me, I hav an ipad 2 wifi +3G with ios 6.0.1

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

"Reset" in this case meant: press Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. If you read Mickey's post, it's explained there.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I pressed the "reset all settings" in the reset menu in settings , general . And it got me to safe mode ,it won't go back to springboard ,help me, I hav an ipad 2 wifi +3G with ios 6.0.1

Is your iPad jail broken?

If yes, then I'm afraid you've ruined your jail break and will have to restore to iOS 6.1.3 to get your iPad working again. For an explanation of why this is, have a look at this screen shot of the FAQ written by saurik (owner of Cydia):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377655834.477919.jpg

Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts