What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 @ itunes

KeithDib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I have an iPad 2 and a NAS with iTunes server function, can I connect my iPad to this? If so how?

I have connected other functions on the iPad to the NAS but cannot see any setting in iTunes or iPod to tell it to use this as the library. I have done this fine on my laptop so I know the NAS works fine

Thanks
Keith

Thehamguy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive not been able to do it via iTunes on my iPad2, but I have connected with the music server on my NAS via safari, then made a desktop link to the NAS's within-network IP address and port number. Now when I touch the desktop link on my iPad2, I'm connected to the media server on the NAS and can choose movies, music or photos stored there. The format on my MyBook World NAS is http://(IP address):9000/webbrowse/O0$1. With luck yours may be a similar address format.

Sent from a classified location.

OP
K

KeithDib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks "TheHamGuy1"

I can connect to the NAS unit no problems and can play movies etc, I was just hoping that as the NAS has a built-in iTunes server I could get iTunes to see it, but it looks like that cannot be done on the iPad, only iTunes on a computer as you cannot move the iTunes music library location.

Cheers
Keith

Thehamguy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like that too. If you ever find an app or a mod that will do that, come back and post it!

Sent from a classified location.

Most reactions

Latest posts