What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 - How to get Siri working?

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've just been looking at getting Siri working for my iPad 2. I was wondering whether it was possible to host the siri proxy at home without having to use linux. I have a Windows Server 2003 pc setup and was wondering if I could use that?

Is there a decent guide out there that I can follow? All the videos i've seen on youtube all appear to want to use linux for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed a cydia app called Sara. It does the job quite well and you can even install add ons and stuff.

But after playing with it for 10 minutes I never used it again. Not worth for me.

OP
N

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I have seen this thread but still Im confused. Am I right in saying I cannot create my own proxy? I don't fancy paying for it when I can set it up myself..

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can create your own proxy, but I've only read about doing it with Linux. Don't know whether there are are ways. Some people are hosting for free, according to what I've read.

OP
N

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm cant be bothered with linux. Tried it a long time ago. Didn't like it. Will stick with windows.

Cheers - Close thread.

Most reactions