What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 has gone haywire!

foothillfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today my iPad 2 has switched from à qwerty to azerty keyboard And is correcting All my words in French. Qwerty is still checked in Settings. It also is showing apps being updated when the App Store shows All are updated. Help!

OP
foothillfanatic

foothillfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason I had French and English as keyboards. So I deleted the French keyboard and that eliminated the azerty configuration. Don't know how French was added as a keyboard. However, my homepage on the iPad still shows several apps as updating, whereas all apps in the App Store are shown as updated. The ones "updating" on the homepage appear frozen, that is they are not progressing.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are a few things you could try to fix this:

Look for an app that's pausing and tap it. If it starts updating again, the others should do as well.

Tap one of the apps that are stuck on updating and try to make it pause. If this works, tap it again and see if it will resume.

Reset your iPad (press & hold Home & Power button until Apple logo appears).

Maybe there's an unfinished download in iTunes. Look there and if it is, let it complete first.

If this won't help, sign out of your account (App Store - Featured) and restart your iPad, then sign in again.

You could also try to delete the apps - if possible - and reinstall them afterwards, one by one.

If all this fails, update the apps in iTunes on your computer, then sync them to your device.

Last edited:
OP
foothillfanatic

foothillfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, will give them a try. I have also noticed about a dozen or more apps that are in a perpetual "waiting" mode(all on my home screen-none are showing in Updates in the App Store). This all occurred after my last update in the App Store.

OP
foothillfanatic

foothillfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Tried them all. The last one worked. Hope I don't have to do this again!

Most reactions

Latest posts