What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 hardest reset possible?

Nopaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!

I recently decided to "un-jailbreak" my iPad with the help of reset functions (factory reset while it was not plugged in to my computer) in the settings menu.
What happened was devastating to me since it somehow managed to fail and not reset fully.
This led to the problem that my iPad never shows up in iTunes when i connect it to my computer (thus i cannot reset it via iTunes or the computer).

Therefore i turn to you, the experts, to ask if you would know of any good ways to completely reset it?
I've tried every reset there is in the settings menu without success..

Big thanks in advance, and if someone manages to help me with you would really be a life-saver!

Kind regards,
Erik

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nopaze said:
Hi!

I recently decided to "un-jailbreak" my iPad with the help of reset functions (factory reset while it was not plugged in to my computer) in the settings menu.
What happened was devastating to me since it somehow managed to fail and not reset fully.
This led to the problem that my iPad never shows up in iTunes when i connect it to my computer (thus i cannot reset it via iTunes or the computer).

Therefore i turn to you, the experts, to ask if you would know of any good ways to completely reset it?
I've tried every reset there is in the settings menu without success..

Big thanks in advance, and if someone manages to help me with you would really be a life-saver!

Kind regards,
Erik

One thing you should never do with a jailbroken iPad is use the reset function without being connected to your computer. The reset has to be initiated from iTunes in your computer, not from the iPad.
Have you seen this tutorial? Follow it exactly, and you will have a properly functioning iPad on the current iOS.
http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

Last edited:
OP
N

Nopaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for answering!
I definitely regret it a lot now of course, but was not aware of what consequences it could have..

I think you forgot to send the link to the tutorial?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nopaze said:
Thanks a lot for answering!
I definitely regret it a lot now of course, but was not aware of what consequences it could have..

I think you forgot to send the link to the tutorial?
Sorry, link now added to my post.

OP
N

Nopaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear God, it worked!
I cannot thank you enough scifan!! <3

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nopaze said:
Dear God, it worked!
I cannot thank you enough scifan!! <3

I'm glad I could help. Thanks for the feedback. It lets others know that the offered solutions actually work.

Last edited:

Most reactions