What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Display vs, iPad 1

ckiggins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased a new iPad 2 (64GB Verizon) to replace my iPad 1 today. I've been up and running now for a couple of hours.

I'm noticing that the display does not seem as crisp as on my iPad 1 - especially as it relates to small text on web pages, the "settings menus," etc. The edges of the letters seem "fuzzy" and not crisp. (I think in OS X there is an option to smooth screen fonts - the letters kind of look like this was not done).

I have read some other posts saying that there are issues with anti-aliasing in iOS. Though it seems like it would have been an issue in the iPad 1 as well.

Am I missing something? Should I take it to a Genius to have it checked out? I am wondering if the other ones in the store are like this, too, though I don't recall noticing it on display models...

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave my iPad1 to my wife when I bought my iPad2...when I put them side by side I don't see a difference.

OP
C

ckiggins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI, they swapped my unit out with one of the 'brown box' models this morning. A complete difference! The Genius said he had not seen that problem before but were sending it in to document.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ckiggins said:
FYI, they swapped my unit out with one of the 'brown box' models this morning. A complete difference! The Genius said he had not seen that problem before but were sending it in to document.

Glad to know you were able to switch it out for a good one!

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stefx said:
I gave my iPad1 to my wife when I bought my iPad2...when I put them side by side I don't see a difference.

Exactly by experience when i tested ipad2 in the appke shops, the display is the same as my ipad one.

OP, try fiddling with the display setting, and push come to a shove take it to apple store, one of the helpful staff will solve the issue. Hoping that someone in the forum will be able to help and therefore avoid a trip to the store. Not that long ago somehow my ipadmscreen was on permanent zoom, very annoying and thanks to ghe help from this forum i am able to get the display in normal

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Most reactions

Latest posts