What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One App just won't display properly (sometimes).

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK can anyone shed some input here. I have tried and tried and the latest i was told i had to update to the latest OS6.1 on my 64GB WiFi only iPad2 Series 3 (with the Retina Display). The App actually worked correctly then for all of a day until i gave the iPad a full power off/on reset at days end. Now this one app refuses to display correctly, about 1/4 of an inch is chopped off down the left side of the display.

I've tried deleting it and reinstalling but that didn't fix it.

The app is one by Amir Markish and i am using RADIO NEW ZEALAND. Check it on the AppStore and see it has actually received 3 stars. His set of listed streamed local radio stations are available for many countries the world over. The maddening thing is the displayed list of useable radio stations has the first 4 letters all chopped off by this weird displaying fault. I have tested the same app on my friend's iPad 3 and it works fine for the initial runup but then it does the same silly annoying thing.

In the past i was able to contact Apple Support for App problems (which i have done on this one issue) but that option seems to have gone from their NZ site...

It's not the end of the world but the process of contacting Apple over faulty apps or the designer/writer seems to have been taken away so i am asking what do us End-users have as an option now...

Thanks. Morris ;-)

Last edited:

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MorrisTheCat said:
on my 64GB WiFi only iPad2 Series 3 (with the Retina Display)

Your what? I think you mean your 64GB WiFi only iPad 3. iPad 2 does not have retina display.

Any, to your problem, try all the usual fixes:
- close all apps in the multi task bar. double click the a home button and the multi task bar will appear. Hold an icon until it wiggles then hit the red minus sign to clear. Repeat until all apps are closed.
- restart the iPad.

See how you go!

OP
MorrisTheCat

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
Your what? I think you mean your 64GB WiFi only iPad 3. iPad 2 does not have retina display.

Any, to your problem, try all the usual fixes:
- close all apps in the multi task bar. double click the a home button and the multi task bar will appear. Hold an icon until it wiggles then hit the red minus sign to clear. Repeat until all apps are closed.
- restart the iPad.

See how you go!

Hello again. I followed precisely your instruction to restart the unit. Interestingly the App displays correctly at its 1st launch in Portrait mode locked irrespective if I have my iPad self-rotation switch set to allow rotation. Now normally I use my iPad 99% of the time in Landscape with the home button on the left. Every one of my apps is fine except this one. When I restart it ( having closed it off previously in the the multitask bar ) it will boot up to a portrait status sometimes doing a spin to become locked always in Portrait ( even though I work in Landscape ). This is where it now displays what looks like off centre so one side is all cropped.... I think it's an annoying gotcha the software programmer hasn't allowed for. Sadly I have no idea how to contact them or Apple on this... It's a paid app but it wasn't expensive. It just makes it real hard to use.

As to the iPad I have. It's a refurbish model FC707X/A, released I believe at the iPhone5 announcement and wasn't given much attention with many critics calling it the "meh iPad" because it didn't anything new except Siri, the retina and the A5x chip.... The articles I read called it a 3 gen iPad2 I remember. The reason I moved to one is the awesome screen resolution ( I use for viewing CAD drawings to electronics circuit simulators ) compared to my previous iPad2 with its see-able pixels resolution.

So how do I contact Apple about a wayward app please?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MorrisTheCat said:
As to the iPad I have. It's a refurbish model FC707X/A, released I believe at the iPhone5 announcement and wasn't given much attention with many critics calling it the "meh iPad" because it didn't anything new except Siri, the retina and the A5x chip.... The articles I read called it a 3 gen iPad2 I remember. The reason I moved to one is the awesome screen resolution ( I use for viewing CAD drawings to electronics circuit simulators ) compared to my previous iPad2 with its see-able pixels resolution.

That's a refurb iPad 3, also known as "the new iPad" when it first came out. In no way is it an iPad 2. It came out early 2012, you may have got it around the iPhone 5 launch, but but the iPad 4 was released just after the iPhone 5, along with the iPad mini.

Anyway, I hope the details Rob Roy provided is of some assistance. It sounds like a poorly coded app when it comes to rotating the screen.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To further clarify what your iPad model is......

Go to Settings > General > Legal > Regulatory to find your model #

Basically if your model is A139x it's an iPad 2. A1430 it's an iPad 3. A1458 it's an iPad 4

Hope this helps clear things up.

OP
MorrisTheCat

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Model number is A1416. As to the wayward App I have done some deep drilling on the home screen and found a tiny white dot at the lower right, tiny because the image is so offset, and managed to open another screen. Here I found the Email Us icon, so finally I have banged out a message to them. I doubt many people are using the app on their iPad as it lends itself more to iPhone environment plus there are not that many New Zealanders who use an iPad to listen to the radio with i expect so I doubt if the software writers are aware of the problem.

Thanks for the input so far everyone.

Most reactions