What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 display leaked?

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 display leaked?
By Thomas Ricker posted Feb 2nd 2011 at 1:12AM

image5.jpg

Do you believe what you're seeing? 9to5Mac along with iFixYouri repair say they've got the new iPad 2 display. Better yet, they've got the purported part number: LP097X02-SLN1, compared to the original iPad's LP097X02-SLA3 display. It's said to be lighter and more than 1-mm thinner than the original while featuring a thinner bezel as well -- right, just as the rumors and our own sources have said. Such a display would also enable some tapering of the edges in line with those milled aluminum dummies we've seen.

ipad-2-part-number-label.jpg

The big mystery is still the resolution which a 9to5Mac commenter claims to have extracted from the part number to reveal its LG Phillips 9.7-inch XGA 1024 x 768 H-IPS display origins (same resolution as the current iPad, if true). Unfortunately, we have no way to confirm this. One more pic of the part number details after the break.
READ MORE
9to5mac

Leave A Comment

iPad 2 display leaked? -- Engadget

it is definitely higher quality in terms of its build. The iPad 2′s display is also lighter, and over a mm thinner than the current iPad’s display with a smaller surrounding frame.

Source: Exclusive: iPad 2 screen, fresh from China | 9 to 5 Mac Exclusive: iPad 2 screen, fresh from China | Apple Intelligence

Last edited:

andjoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know, like where did they get it? I can't imagine the size and resolution changing that much from our current models but could be wrong. Lighter would be nice and maybe thinner could be Ok but I'm use to it now. I'm happy with the resolution, so if they have changed they better put things on hold and get it back, nah I'm sure if any resolution change would be for the reason of iOS4 apps I guess. There's no way the Retina Display will come onto it anytime soon.
It's just sit back, be patient and be surprised 'Wow Factor Here'.
Won't be getting the next model anyhow, saving for an iMac first and pay that off that maybe iPad 3 will be nearly ready for me :D

andjoh

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Probably correct.
Hard to keep the lid on such a large manufacturing project, especially when most of it is overseas based.

Most reactions

Latest posts