What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures of Supposed iPad 2 Screen Surfaces

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_2_screen.JPG

MacRumors reports that photos have surfaced on iFixYouri and 9to5Mac of what they are claiming is the iPad 2 screen. One thing that we can glean from the pictures is that the overall quality of the iPad 2 screen’s build is superior to that of the current iPad, and also that it is more than a mm thinner, which would seem to back up recent analysts' reports claiming that the iPad 2’s screen would be 30-35 percent thinner, and also that it would be treated with anti-reflective coating to improve visibility and cut down on glare when using the iPad outdoors. If this is indeed the real iPad 2 screen, then someone at 9to5 Mac has actually solved the mystery of whether or not the iPad 2 will have a Retina display once and for all, as they have managed to figure out the iPad 2 screen’s model number, LP097X02-SLN1, which they say stands for a 9.7-inch H-IPS display, made by LG, and having the same 1024 x 768 resolution as the current iPad.

Source: iPad 2 Screen Parts Circulating - Mac Rumors

solarrdadd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my fingers crossed that this is true! I am waiting to buy the iPad 2 rather than run out and buy the current model. I am hoping that the
iPad 2 is released this year cause I don't want to have to wait for a whole year to buy one. If it's not gonna be released I will just buy the current model; but of course I'm holding out for the release of 2!

Most reactions

Latest posts