What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cellular data

Mike-e

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any way to get Unlimited date off of the Ipad 2?? I had the first Ipad and I would pay $30 a month for unlimited data. Now that I have the Ipad 2 I want to do the same but it only gives me 2 options. 1- 250 mb for $14.99 and 2- 2GB for $25.00. Is there any way I can change that?? When I bought it from Bestbuy they told me I was able to use my same log in information and keep my Unlimited data to go with it. I need some quick help since I do use more than 2GB a month.. Thanks for anyone's help..

OP
M

Mike-e

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. When I bought my first Ipad all it asked me for was a credit card number. It was never a contract but I would still get internet every month off of the same credit card.

OP
M

Mike-e

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's an ATT store close to my house. Ill just drive down there and talk to them. So does anyone have unlimited internet for $30 a month on their ipad 2?

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mike-e said:
There's an ATT store close to my house. Ill just drive down there and talk to them. So does anyone have unlimited internet for $30 a month on their ipad 2?

I don't believe that option exists anymore, but you can ask.

Boldie24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you still have the unlimited service active on your original IPad, you only need to update the device on the AT&T iPad account web site (https://dcp2.att.com/OEPNDClient/). Log in using your existing account info, click edit user & payment information, and then click update device information.

That is the simplest way, I did it and it works fine.

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm with AT&T and wasn't allowed the option of "unlimited" when I signed up for my iPad 3G last June. I was already an AT&T customer at that time as well.

thedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From my point of view and oppinion, I believe that data plans will grow and grow. So you might have to keep paying for a set limit. But you will get more and more as time goes by. Because thats the nature of the internet. 2 GB today will be 10 GB in a year or 2.

Boldie24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mike-e said:

I have unlimited access on my iPad 2. As stated before, if you had it with your iPad 1, and never let it lapse, you can move it to your iPad 2. I have done this and know others who have done it as well.

If you don't have unlimited service on your iPad 1, you can't get it on iPad 2 and it is not offered as a new service.

Sent from my iPad2, 32gb 3G

OP
M

Mike-e

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tryed logging in but I had a whole month without using my internet on my Ipad 1. Is that probably the problem that Im having? If its going to be a problem and only get 2 gbs of internet Im just going to go back to my Ipad 1 and sell this one.

Boldie24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mike-e said:
I tryed logging in but I had a whole month without using my internet on my Ipad 1. Is that probably the problem that Im having? If its going to be a problem and only get 2 gbs of internet Im just going to go back to my Ipad 1 and sell this one.

If you paid for the unlimited, even if you did not use, you will still be able to keep for the iPad 2.

Pick up the phone and call AT&T customer service

OP
M

Mike-e

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to the att store and they couldnt help me out.. If there's no way I can get unlimited data from att Im just going to sell this Ipad 2 and go back to my ipad.

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've come across several websites which state that if you have the original iPad with the unlimited data plan, AT&T will let you keep that plan when you upgrade to the iPad 2. You can't keep it on both iPads, obviously, but it will transfer over to the new one. But you need to call AT&T.

Boldie24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mike-e said:
I went to the att store and they couldnt help me out.. If there's no way I can get unlimited data from att Im just going to sell this Ipad 2 and go back to my ipad.

I don't know how I can say it any clearer, it makes me wonder if you have some other agenda or don't have unlimited on your iPad 1.

I transferred my unlimited account from my iPad to iPad 2 with AT&T so I know for a fact it can be done (I also know others that have done it as well).

Please see my previous post in this thread as to how it can be done or pick up the phone and talk to AT&T directly.

Don't mean to be blunt but this is getting old and I don't want others who have the unlimited capability on their original iPad to miss out on the capability on their iPad 2.

Sent from my iPad 2, 32gb AT&T 3G over my unlimited account. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts