What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 can't upload photos to facebook

Ellas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad 2 version 7.1.2

when I open the facebook app and sign into my account.
Click add photo it opens camera roll
Grey box left hand corner with a camera in but doesn't open photos and then just goes back to my homescreen
Have checked settings, privacy, photos,Facebook all these seem to be set correct.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try posting them to Facebook from the Photos app. When you view the photo you intend to post, tap the Share icon at the bottom left.
The next screen will show possibilities to add the image somewhere else:
image.jpg

Tap the Facebook icon. Then you'll be able to add a description:
image.jpg

Tap "Post", and the image will appear on your Timeline.

Hope that helps.

OP
E

Ellas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys.

Yes I can go,to,camera app and post to my timeline.
I'm wanting to post photo into a closed group.
Listing a item for sale.
I can list the item with text then when I click on the camera icon bottom left.
Takes me to camera roll showing no photos just a grey square in top left corner with a camera symbol.
Then it closes and goes to home screen.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it doesn't work as you intend to use it, open Photos, share the image to Facebook (as described above), but select to show it to yourself only:
image.jpg

"Only Me" on my screenshot.

Then open the Facebook app, go to the image and choose who's allowed to see it:
image.jpg

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 running OS 8 ( latest version ) . When I want to post a photo I see what you described in your OP. It looked a bit different from what I see here,however when I tap on the grey thing it shows up Camera or choose existing. As long as I choose " existing photo " it takes me to you photos and I choose which photo I want to post.i may be thinking too simplisticly about this but I do remember thinking, the 1st time I wanted to post a photo ) oh no,:eek: I don't get the choice of " choose existing" but did what I do in other apps and was surprised it worked.
Maybe Facebook is formatted for OS 8 because when you look at your photos it always says OS 8 photos uploaded.
I hope this is more helpful than confusing. Sorry if it's just confusing. It's my normal state of mind. Confused! o_O:oops::rolleyes:

Most reactions