What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad-2 bundle selling price suggestions???

BostonDan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm thinking of selling my iPad-2 and accessories for the Microsoft Surface. Before everyone asks why, for me, the full functional office apps outweighs the app selection of the iPad. Any suggestions how much I should ask for the following bundle:

iPad-2 w/16GB
BearMotion leather case
Logitech Bluetooth keyboard & stand
2 chargers
Transferable AppleCare plus warranty which expires April 2014

Any thoughts/suggestions on what I should ask?

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm thinking of selling my iPad-2 and accessories for the Microsoft Surface. Before everyone asks why, for me, the full functional office apps outweighs the app selection of the iPad. Any suggestions how much I should ask for the following bundle:

iPad-2 w/16GB
BearMotion leather case
Logitech Bluetooth keyboard & stand
2 chargers
Transferable AppleCare plus warranty which expires April 2014

Any thoughts/suggestions on what I should ask?

Hopefully you realize there are two version of the Windows for Surface tablets. The first version being released is Windows RT which run on an ARM processor and won't allow you to install any of your normal windows applications. You will have to wait for the second version to come out and those tablets will probably start at $800 and go north of $1400 so you can install standard Windows apps.

But to address your original question, I would guess you are looking at $250 for the whole thing and that is only because of the existing Apple Care.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sell on eBay and set either a reserve bid or an obo and see if you can get top dollar for it.

OP
B

BostonDan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although I am likely limiting myself, I won't do eBay. I just don't like the idea of packaging and mailing the iPad. Must something about it that bothers me. If I do sell my iPad-2, I'm going to do Craigslist and only sell to someone willing to meet me at a local Apple store. That way we can transfer the warranty right there and then.

As far as pricing, $250 is not enough for me to part with it.
Is $375 fair? My reasoning is:
the iPad-2 gets discounted to $359 at many retailers, mine is only 2 months old, I cracked my original and this one is the replacement I just purchased.
Keyboard goes for $50
Bear motion case is $20
AppleCare plus prorated is $70

$359+50+20+70=$499

Too much / too little? Thoughts?

Appreciate the help everyone.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Two words. USED iPad.

You aren't even considering the iPad Mini.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although I am likely limiting myself, I won't do eBay. I just don't like the idea of packaging and mailing the iPad. Must something about it that bothers me. If I do sell my iPad-2, I'm going to do Craigslist and only sell to someone willing to meet me at a local Apple store. That way we can transfer the warranty right there and then.

As far as pricing, $250 is not enough for me to part with it.
Is $375 fair? My reasoning is:
the iPad-2 gets discounted to $359 at many retailers, mine is only 2 months old, I cracked my original and this one is the replacement I just purchased.
Keyboard goes for $50
Bear motion case is $20
AppleCare plus prorated is $70

$359+50+20+70=$499

Too much / too little? Thoughts?

Appreciate the help everyone.

Too much. It doesn't matter that you cracked, replaced, etc., or how much you spent. All that matters is what other used iPads of your model are selling for. And your accessories' resale value will vary from buyer to buyer.

A good way to find out what your combo's worth: Post the bundle on eBay. See what bids you get -- that's the approximate market value, unless someone gives an unreasonably high bid. You don't actually have to go through with the sale. You can use it to gauge market value.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts