What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 + aluminum keyboard case = MacBook Air look-alike

pbearsailor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad back is the back, so no cutout for the camera is needed.

The keyboard would work with a first gen iPad, but it wouldn't fit as a case.

I ordered mine the original vendor, MIC in Hong Kong. Took a month to receive it due to a wrongly placed postal code and it arrived damaged. They responded quickly, just asked for pics, and agreed to send another. I'm happy with it despite the problems in shipping and they have been very good to deal with.

- steve

EIGHTYTHREE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two questions for those who own one:

While screen lays flat over keys, has this accidently lead to any scratches whether it be by user neglect or design of keyboard device? I dont use screen protectors and never will.

I have a white ipad. Which color would you get for a white ipad? Just curious....ive both a white and black keyboards..but they both seem to look fine with the white ipad, like i said just curious.

breezur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EIGHTYTHREE said:

While screen lays flat over keys, has this accidently lead to any scratches whether it be by user neglect or design of keyboard device? I dont use screen protectors and never will.

I have a white ipad. Which color would you get for a white ipad? Just curious....ive both a white and black keyboards..but they both seem to look fine with the white ipad, like i said just curious.

I don't have a screen protector either and I haven't had any problems with scratches. The keys are set lower then the part the screen rests on so they don't cause any problems. I just try to be extra careful to avoid scratches and it's worked so far. As far as the color I have a black iPad so I went with the black keyboard and I've had a few people mistake it for the MBA until they got a closer look ;)

moonover

iPF Noob
Reaction score

They booth seem to look ok, but if you have a white iPad, you're most likely going to prefer a white one.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I love mine, not sure how long I've had it, check back to my previous posts, but it's still working fine, yes it powers down if you don't use it, this helps keep the battery sharp....which is lasting well over a week with excessive use!! As for scratching the screen, not a chance, well made, well thought out and a great item that can make an already excellent idea even better!

ratiug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the short aluminum keyboard (without numeric keypad) several months ago to use with my iPhone. The I bought an original iPad (got a great deal) and then purchased a Mac Mini. The keyboard is great. I haven't been disappointed. I got it from a family member. It is too long for the PC netbook case I got for the iPad. Some Walmart a stores have them for the same price as the Apple Store and you don't have a long wait to get it.

EIGHTYTHREE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@breezur, moonover and rambler

Thanks for the replies exactly what I needed to know. This seems really nice and inexpensive($32) at the moment.

P.S. Rambler I remember you from the Notion ink boards (train wreck)....glad to see ya around.

breezur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you do get this keyboard I recommend getting a sleeve as well. I think someone mentioned it already but the iPad isn't 100% secure in the keyboard case. If you're just carrying it around its probably fine but I always throw mine in my timbuk2 plush sleeve before heading to class so I don't have to worry about it.

breezur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Obella1023 said:
It sounds good, this is your own feelings or?

I'm not sure if you were referring to me but yes this is my own feeling. Ive had a couple slips with this keyboard case. I've grabbed it real quick with out checking if I put the iPad in right (there are lil tabs you slip the iPad under to help secure it) and this has caused the iPad to slip. Luckily I was able to grab it before it fell avoiding a scary drop. After that happened a couple times I decided to get a sleeve for it just incase. I have a timbuk2 messenger bag I love so that's why I went with them. This is just my personal experience others may be better at securing the iPad before running off with it and they probably don't need a sleeve. I'm not one of these people so I do need the extra protection lol.

Most reactions

Latest posts