What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 4.3.x Respite

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
From TU Blog:

I've updated TinyUmbrella for iPad 2 GSM/CDMA users allowing them to restore 4.3.x without the fear of the recovery loop. Assuming you have 4.3, 4.3.1, 4.3.2, or 4.3.3 SHSHs and restore to one of those versions, TU will allow the restore to complete successfully.
It is important to note that I added this functionality so that iPad 2 users wouldn't be left without a way to downgrade to 4.3-4.3.3. It is also important to note that this functionality will only remain for so long as Apple signs the current firmware (4.3.4). Use it while you can! :)
Special thanks to @oLunatiko for his help in testing this release!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow!

That's truly awesome for the iPad2 GSM/CDMA users!

Thanks for seeing/posting that. Should alleviate a few concerns for the new "I'm-just-learning-how-to-do-this-oh-rats-I-goofed-up-up-and-now-I-can't-restore!" jail breakers out there. :D

In case anyone reading skipped over this part of confucious's post:

1) You STILL have to have saved those iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blobs!!! No blobs = no restore. This Tiny Umbrella update means nothing without them...

2) And yes, that window's now closed - you can't get 4.3.3 SHSH blobs any longer

Marilyn

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for been a pain but am I right in understanding that if iPad 2 3G owners have saved 4.3.3 blobs we can downgrade from 4.3.4 as long as Apple are still signing 4.3.4 (probably until the release of iOS 5) do you need 4.3.4 blobs also from latest TU or not?
Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
sutty0000 said:
Sorry for been a pain but am I right in understanding that if iPad 2 3G owners have saved 4.3.3 blobs we can downgrade from 4.3.4 as long as Apple are still signing 4.3.4 (probably until the release of iOS 5) do you need 4.3.4 blobs also from latest TU or not?
Thanks

No, you don't need 4.3.4 already saved, but TU will save them for you anyway if you ask it to...

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sutty0000 said:
Thanks

No, you don't need 4.3.4 already saved, but TU will save them for you anyway if you ask it to...

Ok, thanks :)

Most reactions