What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 3G: No 3G internet access, No APN & Error 1631 in iTunes

shag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a jailbroken iPad 2 with 3G, and since 2-3 days I cannot use 3G for Internet access. I have 3-5 signal bars, but it won't access the Internet. SBSettings doesn't give me a 3G IP address. I tried using my iPad sim on my iPhone and it worked, but my iPhone sim on my iPad had the same issue. I tried calling my carrier (Bell), did a few tests (including reset network settings), no luck.

Now, I am trying to sync my iPad on iTunes but it gives me an Error 1631 (iTunes could not check for an update to the carrier settings for your iPad. An unknown error occured (1631)).

For obvious reasons, I am trying to avoid a restore since I don't want to lose my jailbreak. Has anyone had this issue before? My only chance to stay jailbroken at this point is to return & exchange my iPad at the shop (I've had it for less than 30 days).

Thanks.

Any ideas?

OP
S

shag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, it wasn't a jailbreak issue, it just lost its APN settings. I had to reupload them using iPhone Configuration Utility, works fine now. Thanks!

AFAngryWarrior

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.verizonwireless.com
I'm having the same problem (But Mines with Verizon Wireless). What did you do with the iPhone Configuration Utility to fix your issue? I downloaded it but there aren't that many options other than "Create new profile" and I'm not sure what to change? I appreciate your help immensely!

OP
S

shag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AFAngryWarrior said:
I'm having the same problem (But Mines with Verizon Wireless). What did you do with the iPhone Configuration Utility to fix your issue? I downloaded it but there aren't that many options other than "Create new profile" and I'm not sure what to change? I appreciate your help immensely!

I'm not sure my fix would apply to a CDMA iPad as data provisioning is completely different on the backend...

shalky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shag i had this problem for like 1 day when i decided to get a plan for my ipad 2 3g with my official carrier AT&T a bunch of inexpert people. what you have to do since you have a jailbroken ipad is go to unlockit.co.nz/ from your ipad and then click on continue then custom APN and click on the tab that says carrier and find your carrier then click create profile and then click install to confirm after you installed it reboot your ipad then boula your 3g on ipad should be working if you have any further questions just message here and f it goes well let us know too good luck

shy8umkl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad 2 same problem

Hi Shag,

i have the same problem with my ipad 2. how u resolve this issue. please help

Tq

Hello,

I have a jailbroken iPad 2 with 3G, and since 2-3 days I cannot use 3G for Internet access. I have 3-5 signal bars, but it won't access the Internet. SBSettings doesn't give me a 3G IP address. I tried using my iPad sim on my iPhone and it worked, but my iPhone sim on my iPad had the same issue. I tried calling my carrier (Bell), did a few tests (including reset network settings), no luck.

Now, I am trying to sync my iPad on iTunes but it gives me an Error 1631 (iTunes could not check for an update to the carrier settings for your iPad. An unknown error occured (1631)).

For obvious reasons, I am trying to avoid a restore since I don't want to lose my jailbreak. Has anyone had this issue before? My only chance to stay jailbroken at this point is to return & exchange my iPad at the shop (I've had it for less than 30 days).

Thanks.

Any ideas?

syahrum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, it wasn't a jailbreak issue, it just lost its APN settings. I had to reupload them using iPhone Configuration Utility, works fine now. Thanks!

How to reupload iPhone configuration?

andyanis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same prob on ipad 2...

Hi guys, mine was the same issue here..ipad2 3g+wifi..

after jb,it wont appear the apn setting...
already tried the unlockit,iphone conf. utility..but neither worked!!:mad:
even ask the carrier customer service(DiGi)...sigh...

downloaded the iphone conf. utility even i dun have an iphone..is it really works on ipad2?:rolleyes:

anybody have any solution..really need a solution..

andyanis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem settled..[Moderator edit: Removed reference to piracy app. Lesson to learn: Don't be a pirate!!!]

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions