What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 3G headphones

Stashmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 3G arriving soon after owning a wi-fi only iPad. I'm concerned about the reports of an inferior microphone jack in the 3G models, supposedly because it's located in the plastic housing. I use my iPad all the time for music, especially when traveling. Will the sound from headphones be poor also, like the microphone? Has anyone noticed a difference?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 3G arriving soon after owning a wi-fi only iPad. I'm concerned about the reports of an inferior microphone jack in the 3G models, supposedly because it's located in the plastic housing. I use my iPad all the time for music, especially when traveling. Will the sound from headphones be poor also, like the microphone? Has anyone noticed a difference?

There is no issue here with using either wired or wireless (Bluetooth) headsets. I have seen the reports too that are attributed to the material used to retain the microphone; even if you believe these reports (and I have several reports that find no difference) they do not affect the audio output.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad.

Tim
Scotland

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Stashmo looked at that one link regarding this issue already posted here. Emphasis on ONE link. I find it hard to believe that Apple didn't adequately test the different position of the mic for the 3G units. I don't believe these reports, I ordered the iPad2 3G....

Most reactions

Latest posts