What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 10th Gen Jailbreak with Unc0ver Black Edition?

hcour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a new ipad 10th generation running 16.2. This is my first ipad. I understand I can use Unc0ver Black Edition to jailbreak it, which I'm considering. I have a few questions:

1. Will using this method void my warranty? I've read conflicting information on this.

2. I've found two sites for Unc0ver Black Edition, one uses Zylon, the other zJailbreak. Using Opera, both sites have links to "Download to Settings". Are Zylon and/or zJailbreak safe to use?

3. If I use this method, can I simply "undo" it with an uninstall if I so choose and revert back to my current state, or will I need to do a complete reset and start from scratch?

Thanks for any info.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
At the moment, there is only one tool that can jailbreak iOS 16.2, and it’s called Palera1n. It works on devices using an A10 or A11 chip. Your device has an A14 chip, so it’s not compatible.
It’s a semi-tethered jailbreak. You’d have to connect your device (iPhone) to a Mac to get back to your jailbreak every time the iDevice restarts..

For more information, see this site:

OP
H

hcour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the info and link.

Soooo, it's only a matter of time until I'll have that capability?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the info and link.

Soooo, it's only a matter of time until I'll have that capability?

Maybe.

When iOS was new jailbreaking was 'relatively' easier, and there were a lot of missing features to motivate people to make jailbreak apps. Now it is harder. Apple has constantly improved iOS/iPadOS security (because jailbreaks were always security holes). The motivation has waned. Most of the features people were clamoring for have been added to iPadOS (or turned to be 'not that big a deal'). It's also no longer the 'cool' thing to do for hackers. Most of them have moved on to newer more exciting challenges.

KamataFryer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At the moment, there is only one tool that can jailbreak iOS 16.2, and it’s called Palera1n. It works on devices using an A10 or A11 chip. Your device has an A14 chip, so it’s not compatible.
It’s a semi-tethered jailbreak. You’d have to connect your device (iPhone) to a Mac to get back to your jailbreak every time the iDevice restarts..

For more information, see this site:
is there an iPad version?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at the site I‘ve linked to.
iOS means these are for iPhones with a certain software installed, iPadOS means this jailbreak is for iPads.

Most reactions