What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 1 should i upgrade to ios 5.0.1

OP
L

lubu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol gonna update it right now and test with a clean install

OP
L

lubu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just updated from 4.3.2 to 5.0.1 it dont seem laggy yet or slow probly cuz the apps are installing now

ShadowIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think I've updated to IOS5.0.1 yet. Haven't heard much about it, but will have to see the update info to see if it's worth the upgrade.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just updated from 4.3.2 to 5.0.1 it dont seem laggy yet or slow probly cuz the apps are installing now

I've not noticed any lagginess or slowness at all on either iPad 1 or 2 on iOS 5. Just apps crashing more frequently.

Jychow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated ipad1 to ios5 and doesn't seem to lag. Safari may slow down sometimes due to a few windows were opened with some fairly complicated website loaded. If it is on simpler website, it doesn't lag.
Overall, ios5 provides better experience.

Purrson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And I strongly recommend to set up device as new when upgrading to iOS and not to restore from backup

Sent from my awesome iPad 1 using iPF

You mean not restore backed up apps but reinstall all of them like new? This will be my first backup, going to download it to pc and instll backup from iTunes as have slow connection, really don't understand what you mean? By setting it up as new?

cnacoons77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a iPad 1st gen from Apple, with ios5 on it, I so far love it, and for the cost of the iPad 2 basic I got the larger iPad 1 with 64GB and 3G! I am new to Apple products as the iPad is my 1st Apple purchase. However Loved it enough Im typing this post on my new MacBook Air 13"! I have completely left PC behind now. Proud Apple customer now and going forward.

Purrson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lerx what is meant by setting up device as new VS restoring from backup? Still pending update as need to update from downloading to pc anyway due to slow connection

texmomo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok first I am computer savvy ....not. I have original ipad downloaded upgrade ios 5 to my windows 7 laptop last night (took 3 hours). said to plug in ipad and follow instructions....well the only think that comes up when i try that is the backingup ipad and that has been going on for several hours and nothing is going farther..... I need your help please

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I run iOS 5.01 and it works fine. Although safari crashes every now and again. It's worth it for gestures lol

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I always do the upgrades when they come out and so far have had no problems at all .

monkeyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't yet upgraded to IOS5, mostly because I'm lazy and I just hate doing anything with iTunes.
But now I read numerous reports of IOS5 being not such a good idea for the iPad 1, specifically that memory problems cause Safari to crash very frequently. If its true, I would be very unhappy and would not want to upgrade. I see enough Safari crashes as it is...

Anyone claim that Safari crashes LESS with IOS5 on the iPad1?

Purrson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woohoo finally managed to update my iPad, just exploring the changes, confused by messages area, but so far love tabs although keep trying to click the windows area to change windows, love the tabs!

iPad_Memphis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iPad 1st gen. Trying to upgrade to iOS5 but keep getting stuck "backing up" and left it alone for 24 hours and still backing up?:mad:
I do not have that many apps still have 26GB of free sapce. I have read some threads here with similar issues.
Would it be best just to restore to original settings and then try to upgrade? I do have the latest iTunes and have good broadband speed.. It only took 30 minutes to download.

Most reactions

Latest posts