What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 BIG problem!!

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone, like the title says i have a very big problem with my ipad, my ipad is an ipad 1 non wifi so i paid 699 euros for it, its current IOS is 4.3.4 and it's jailbroken with redsn0w, so the problem is this, i was just restarting the springboard after installing an app from cydia that required that i restarted the spirngboard and the ipad went into a loop what i mean is, i touched the "restart spring board" button then it restarted and as soon as the lockscreen showed it went again with the little circle that means loading like it was restarting again i waited more than 1 hour and it was still like that, my ipad is tethred sorry i forgot to say that so i tried to turn it on again using redsn0w clicking like i always do just boot tethred right now it worked fine apparently the little fruit (i'm not english and i'm not sure what it's called but it's the yellow one) showed on the screen but same problem now instead of the circle that meant loading there's the fruit, i can see the lockdown for a couple seconds and then again as it's rebooting please help me i'm desperate, i tried doing a restore even if i don't have all backed up(but i don't give a damn i just want the ipad back:(:( ) please help me:(:(:(

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for help, is there a way to backup apps that i didn't backed before even if it's not turning on? By the way the app was winter board i reinstalled it because i thought it wasn't working well but there's nothing wrong with the app since i installed it a few days ago without problems.

P.S. It just came to me a stupid question.... is there any way to fix it without having to restore? i guess it's a very stupid question and the other question was: i do what's written on the guide i restore and i jailbreak again but what's with the ssh blobs? i noticed that cydia saved them even if it didn't ask me when i first opened it if i wanted to save them but i could see them written in cydia, do i have to do anything about them? thanks a lot for help i'm much more relaxed now^^

Last edited:
OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you graywolf very much for help, i've just restored my ipad succesfully and now i'll just start all over again installing cydia tweaks^^

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for help, is there a way to backup apps that i didn't backed before even if it's not turning on? By the way the app was winter board i reinstalled it because i thought it wasn't working well but there's nothing wrong with the app since i installed it a few days ago without problems.

P.S. It just came to me a stupid question.... is there any way to fix it without having to restore? i guess it's a very stupid question and the other question was: i do what's written on the guide i restore and i jailbreak again but what's with the ssh blobs? i noticed that cydia saved them even if it didn't ask me when i first opened it if i wanted to save them but i could see them written in cydia, do i have to do anything about them? thanks a lot for help i'm much more relaxed now^^

No, there is no way to back up apps when the iPad will not stay on.

And since it won't stay on there would have been no way to fix it.
Shsh blobs allow you to downgrade to versions you have saved.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24323-shsh-blobs-frequently-asked-questions.html

Most reactions

Latest posts