What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipa2 vs Ipad3: That is the question

Cond#32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is also the main reason why I entered this forum..I really can't decide between buying the Ipad2 or the Ipad3, for a lot of reasons.
  • I read that the 4G has some troubles respect the 3G, and I really need fast connection during travels
  • Is the new display retina much much better in the Ipad3, as the camera lens?
  • Price unfortunately is also important ;)..
I would go for a White Ipad 16GB Wifi + 3G (or 4G if Ipad3)..I saw there's not much difference between the price of these configurations..how does your Ipad2 or Ipad3 work?? Which one would you advice to me??
Thx in advance ;-)

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The difference in the display quality is huge, especially when you're showing your vacation photos to friends. It's not just the resolution--the color is better, too. The new camera also takes HD movies, a feature I use more and more. Well worth the modest price difference.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you travel to the US, the 4G works great!

The retina screen is fantastic, if you ask me.

There is simply no question about which to get in my mind.

Of course, if you shun technology, just the older 2 and save yourself some duckets.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd get the newest model if you can stretch your ducats, because you get the best innards and better chance of longer firmware upgrades.

HibaIed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer you to get iPad 3 because its retina screen is better and its has 4G, but there is no difference between them by the physical appearence. :thumbs:

BocataDeChoped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you already have a 3G/4G capable phone you can use it to provide data access to the iPad and save some money. That ofc if you don't need to stay connected all the time.

The retina display is just gorgeous but you won't really appreaciate it till you see it by yourself.

Most reactions