What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ios9 issues!

Mikel Bones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad doesn't work with ios9. Ios9 loaded and initialized. Just about everything fails. Internet pages load, fail, load, fail endlessly. Apps die at any time. Safari is useless. What do I do? Will factory reset help?

HELP!!!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you updated over the air (in Settings - General - Software Update), connect your iPad to iTunes, back it up and restore it. This will install a fresh version of the software (it's 9.0.1 now) on your device, and should help getting rid of the problems you're facing now.

After updating/restoring, reset your iPad. I've described the procedure in my reply to your first post, here's it again, just in case:
Press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. Release both and let your device power up on it's own.

Hope that helps.

jon229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J.A.: re my post on slowness in iPad 2 forum, thx for jogging my memory that reset is a different process than fresh start. A reset has made an a little improvement.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
J.A.: re my post on slowness in iPad 2 forum, thx for jogging my memory that reset is a different process than fresh start. A reset has made an a little improvement.
That's good to hear.
You're welcome.

OP
M

Mikel Bones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you updated over the air (in Settings - General - Software Update), connect your iPad to iTunes, back it up and restore it. This will install a fresh version of the software (it's 9.0.1 now) on your device, and should help getting rid of the problems you're facing now.

After updating/restoring, reset your iPad. I've described the procedure in my reply to your first post, here's it again, just in case:
Press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. Release both and let your device power up on it's own.

Hope that helps.
I followed the instructions. Everything improved but Safari. It's still terrible. Other apps run well on 9.1.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts