What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 First Impressions

OP
riki

riki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.apperley-art.com
Firefox bookmarks are no longer syncing on my iPad2. Refreshing does nothing. Is there a way to do it without having to pay for an app? Thanks.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well isn't that the weirdest thing? It worked yesterday, but I can't get it to work now! I'll investigate and get back to you!!

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
ok,thanks

Ok, here's what I've discovered. It works in my Russian app, my bible app, Pages, Keynote, Facebook app... It does not work in ipadforums app, or on Google search results, but when I open a webpage from that it does, so try Wikipedia to give it a go. It's the same thing you do as when you want to copy and paste something. it actually works in live typing in this app because I just tried it on the word something. It brings up select, select all, and paste. Just hit select, the whole word highlights, then you get cut, copy, paste, suggest and a tiny arrow, hitting the arrow gives you the definition. That sounds laborious, but actually it's really quick. Well, compared to putting down the iPad, walking to the bookshelf, getting the dictionary, flicking through and finding the word, it is really quick! Lol x

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Khenic said:
I'm on the iPad 2 and I love the iOS 5 update. My only complaint is Newstand. I don't see myself using this feature at all and now I'm stuck with an app/icon that does nothing for me. I'd appreciate it if Apple would allow users to toggle this feature on/off.

There is a trick for hiding the Newstand icon in a folder, don't remember where I saw it but I bet you could google for it "hide newstand icon". I heard it works well.

kletts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently moved to iOS 5 / i/Cloud, and I too have had some problems. I certainly lost certain of my applications(including this one) but have been able to re-install them.

However what I am concerned about is:

A) as I now have all my music and all my photos on everything (laptop, iPad and iPhone) , I want to delete some music and some photos from my iPad and my iPhone. However, should I do that, will they also be deleted from my laptop?

B) with the music, certain of the albums are now missing the first, or the first few, tracks. I have found these, but separate, under the title of Track/Piste 1,2,3 etc. How can I put these back into their albums in proper sequence?

C) Word documents that are prior to .docx refuse to open. Some I can open with TextEdit, but the format and illustrations are lost; others I can't open at all. With archival material, this is very frustrating.

Any help/ advice/solution would be gratefully received .

Merci.

OP
riki

riki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.apperley-art.com
Firefox bookmarks are no longer syncing on my iPad2. Refreshing does nothing. Is there a way to do it without having to pay for an app? Thanks.

Still trying to find a way to no avail. Syncing on Firefox is now built-in (ised to use xmarks) and should work on the ipad as well as on any other PC/device but it doesn't. Help please. Thanks.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sticking to using safari now, as I used atomic before. The only thing I'm missing is the safari download manager and torrent plugin tweaks. As soon as thos are updated, I'll be happy!

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Love the split keyboard but it is flakey in some apps. I'll be submitting a trouble ticket on how it doesn't work well in the phone book app.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This might interest someone. As mentioned in my OP, I lost most of my apps followin the iOS5 upgrade and thought they were gone forever, wrong! I have just redownloaded ibooks and all my books are still there including the one I was reading. So everything wasn't lost.

How about your other missing apps, when you downloaded them did you get your data back as well?

purnomosetiawan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
some apps crash after upgrading
Facebook always crash when uploading photo
Hootsuite always crash when deleting stream
some news app sometimes crash when busy

Most reactions

Latest posts