What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stanza not compatible with iOS5?

DaveW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Several iOS5 beta testers have reported that Stanza will not run in iOS5 and any books in the Stanza data base will be lost. Stanza is, in my opinion, the best ebook reader for iPad. Since Amazon has bought out Lexcycle, they now own Stanza and many are of the opinion they do not plan to update it and allow it to die, reducing competition with Kindle.
I have searched and cannot find anything comparable. I especially want the same library menu editing options, including web look up of book covers and file editing features of Stanza. In other readers, the edit options are limited to delete.

Kotja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Say what?!?! If I have to choose between Stanza and upgrading to iOS5, Stanza will win hands down. IMHO, it is the best by far.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 5 is a BETA.

It was released to DEVELOPERS to allow us to test our applications and make any changes necessary to be compatible when iOS 5 is finally released later this Fall.

I'm sure the Stanza developers are either working on the update now or have already completed it.

I would not recommend running it on a production device.

-t

OP
D

DaveW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazon has purchased Lexcycle, owner of Stanza with no apparent interest in up dating it. It reads epub and pfd, not Amazon products. The guy who did the development has quit. It appears to be an attempt to kill off a much better product.

Most reactions

Latest posts