What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios problem with photo stream

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ios 6 problem with photo stream

I think I've yet uncovered another bug with iOS six. I like to have more control over my photos on my iPad. So I post pictures to photo stream then create an album on my iPad and copy the photos from photo stream over to the new album. This method has always worked well for me. Since iOS six, when I select all photos from photo stream and try to move them to my new album, only six pictures move. Anyone else seeing these types of bugs?.
Thanks
Grey goose

Last edited:
OP
G

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I've yet uncovered another bug with iOS six. I like to have more control over my photos on my iPad. So I post pictures to photo stream then create an album on my iPad and copy the photos from photo stream over to the new album. This method has always worked well for me. Since iOS six, when I select all photos from photo stream and try to move them to my new album, only six pictures move. Anyone else seeing these types of bugs?.
Thanks
Grey goose
i've found that when i try to add pictures to an album, no matter how many i pick (even one), the picture flashes quickly in the album (like it was copied) and then disappears. This has got to be a ios 6 issue (IMHO). thats my story and i'm sticking with it. i cant believe others aren't experiencing these types of behaviors with ios6. this is the first time in my short apple experience (about 2 years) that i've seen glitches with their products. Sounds like growing pains to me. Lets see if they come out with an update to this mess.

Last edited:

madmike73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem, they flash in Album and go away. I have found a work around that is not pretty but will work. You can open each picture in Photo Stream, click on the box with the arrow (upper right hand side) which gives you a menu and you select save to camera roll (it looks greyed out but it works). Once the pictures are in camera roll you can save them into an album all at one time. This is time consuming because you have to move each picture one at a time from Photo Stream to Camera Roll, but once you do it it works. I agree this seems like an IOS bug.

If someone finds a better way to do this or a fix please post.

OP
G

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanx for the update mad mike. when no one chimed in to the post, i thought it might be something i was doing. I'm really surprised that more folks dont save there pictures this way since it opens up many way to manipulate pictures without having to sync with itunes. I've also discovered a similiar work around to the one you mentioned. painful as hell, but does work if you have the patience for it. I get the feeling that were stuck with this until IOS 7. First time i've see a "microsoftish" glitch with an apple product.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I post pictures to photo stream then create an album on my iPad and copy the photos from photo stream over to the new album. This method has always worked well for me.
Thanks
Grey goose

G'day Greygoose. I have created all the albums I needed from my PC to iPad via another method (using Goggle Albums App Synced via Gmail) and was not that thrilled about the method. Can you advise how you created a photos album from photostream all within iPad? The answer is no doubt simple but I have this knack sometimes of not seeing the wood for the trees.:mad:
Regards, Andrew

OP
G

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to set up photo stream which will send pictures from you pc over to your iPad . Do a search to see how to set it up if you don't know how. Then move the pictures you want to transfer over to the upload folder on the pc. Photo stream will then send them to you iPad. Once on the iPad , they can be moved out of photo stream and into a user created folder. If you have a lot of pictures, I would do this folder at a time and delete the pictures from photo stream after the copy. Then repeat the process with the next folder. This procedure allowed me to use the "copy all" feature. Manipulating photo stream would be your biggest challenge (unless you run onto the problem that started this thread to begin with).

Hope this helps

Greygoose

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK thanks, I was actually at the point where you tap each photo to produce a tick in the photo stream where I didn't realize that the "save" option, after "edit" would lead me to creating and naming an album. Thanks for the clues. That fixed my question.
But then you refer to a "copy all" feature. I must be thick but where do I come across that? Can you help a bit more on that, thanks.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
G

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I really meant was ability to select all the photos in photo stream at one time by touching each photo, then doing a save and choosing which album you would like to save them too. Once this is complete, you can then delete everything in photo stream. That's much easier said than done, there's about five steps involved. I would read up on the manipulation of photo stream before attempting this or you could become very frustrating.

I use this procedure beacuase it allows me to save all photo stream pictures into an album at one time,Then delete all the pictures from photo stream and repeat the process for the next album. Now that iOS six has sent us this curveball, I've been forced to do this photo at a time using another method.
Hope this helps
Greygoose

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, understood. That's what I figured but hell that's a lot of fingerb tapping! Thanks for your response.
Regards, Andrew

Zenova

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the exact same problem as Greygoose: photos flash blink and disappear while only a few are saved. I wanted to save my photo stream photos in the way Greygoose did to have my photos saved to my ipad in CHRONOLOGICAL order - meaning I wanted to keep my "photo taken date" meta data. I tried "Save to Camera Roll" workaround method suggested here, but that changes my photos taken in 2011 to today's date when saved to ipad.

Have you manipulated the time of photo taken using any softwares like iPhoto? If you have more than 1 photo with exact same date down to same seconds then i'm guessing that ipad does not read them in a same album. Maybe you could try changing the date/time of every photos differently to each other and try uploading to photo stream. I only tested this twice so i can't confirm it will work every time, but this fixed for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts