What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS Apps Raking in $5.41 Million Per Day

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
5468-angry-birds-seasons-hanami.JPG

Mobile Entertainment reports today on the results of a new market tracking product called App VU Global that has been created by analysts CCS Insight and Distimo. According to the first report from the new service, Apple is currently out on top in terms of app revenue, with iOS apps raking in a total of $5.41million per day, which breaks down to $3.34 million for iPhone apps and $2.07 million for iPad apps, as of January 2012. In comparison, Google Play makes just $679,000 per day, although this represents a rise of 31%. According to the report, much of the revenue made from apps comes from in-app payments, in fact 60% of revenue from the top 200 best-selling iOS and Android apps comes from in-app purchases. The figures also reveal that total in-app spending rose by 79% for the top 200 iPhone apps in February, although iPad downloads were down by 27%, which Mobile Entertainment says is most likely due to people waiting for the new iPad to be released.

Source: iPhone apps generate £3.34m a day | Mobile content industry news | Mobile Entertainment

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is an amazing business model... basically all Apple (and Google) are providing is a cloud-based distribution channel, i.e. a bit of infrastructure and some generic advertising. All the app software development costs and risk are carried by the app developers, and Apple/Google take a low risk hefty percentage commission from every sale. Pure genius.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not to mention hardware sales riding on the back of the app store, and a trust in the security of transactions that is unmatched anywhere else on the Internet.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

h1611161

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Not to mention hardware sales riding on the back of the app store, and a trust in the security of transactions that is unmatched anywhere else on the Internet.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Indeed...

Sent from my original iPad classic using iPF

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely brilliant setup, and this platform is great for the developers to express themselves

RIP Steve Jobs 

Most reactions