What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 7?

YoloSwag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow thanks for that! Now I have to stay up till 1:00 AM...............

Looks like I need to upgrade my iPad to an iPad 4.

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Who has updated their iphone and have you had any problems?

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just starting my iPad's update now. I don't think it was possible before 10AM PST.

Estimated time for completion: 16 minutes.

Edit: Time's already crept up to 18 minutes. I image the servers are getting hit hard, already.

YoloSwag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just starting my iPad's update now. I don't think it was possible before 10AM PST.

Estimated time for completion: 16 minutes.

Edit: Time's already crept up to 18 minutes. I image the servers are getting hit hard, already.

Speak for yourself, mine is an estimated time for completion is 7 hours, the. changes to 10, then 4. Now it changed to 12. Then 5. What the hell is going on?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As expected, the server is getting hit hard. First attempt failed. Three more attempted starts failed. I restarted the iPad and got it to start the download again after one more failed attempt.

We'll see how it goes.

For some reason iTunes is not seeing the new software update (yet). When I attempted to use it (for hopefully more reliable results) it kept saying my iPad was up to date.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Speak for yourself, mine is an estimated time for completion is 7 hours, the. changes to 10, then 4. Now it changed to 12. Then 5. What the hell is going on?

Probably heavy load on the update servers. When the file transfer speed changes so does your estimate.

I'm down to 9 minutes on the latest attempt.

BostonBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My estimate was 21 minutes until error message said it failed. Have been unable to restart the download.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm definitely waiting to do the iPhone. At least until later in the day.

Hope everyone did their backups before jumping off the cliff. ;)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mine got past the download portion and is not 'Preparing Update'. Hopefully that means I'm not longer depending on the servers. At least not until the activation part.

The time estimate is gone, meaning that it is not an estimate for the total update time, only the download time. I'm at least two minutes into the current phase.

YoloSwag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The update fails when I install it while my iPad is charging. Meh I have 90% Battery left anyways. And maybe just 5-10% will be consumed overnight. So I will wait it out until morning. If it failed overnight I swear to god...............

Most reactions

Latest posts