What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 7?

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone know what changes if any we will see on iPad 2 when the ios gets updated soon?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apple - iOS 7 - What?s New

At the bottom of the page it lists what features are limited to what devices. For the most part the iPad 2 will not be getting Siri, AirDrop, Camera Filters, and the other high end features. The other UI changes like notification center, quick search, the new multitask bar, and most other things will be there.

From what I can see all the listed items require either a more powerful processor or a more modern wi-fi radio.

Last edited:
OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aww that's too bad. I was hoping but yeah considering this device is a few years old now I guess it's to be expected.

Apple - iOS 7 - What?s New

At the bottom of the page it lists what features are limited to what devices. For the most part the iPad 2 will not be getting Siri, AirDrop, Camera Filters, and the other high end features. The other UI changes like notification center, quick search, the new multitask bar, and most other things will be there.

From what I can see all the listed items require either a more powerful processor or a more modern wi-fi radio.

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Aww that's too bad. I was hoping but yeah considering this device is a few years old now I guess it's to be expected.

There's still some goodies to drool over. The Control Center looks to be one of the nicest new features, and available to all devices that can upgrade to iOS 7. From what I've read there have also been some nice tweaks to the included apps (beyond looks). This happened in iOS 6 as well. It took weeks to discover all the little improvements.

You've got plenty to look forward to. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Two more days!

For the brave. :D

The cautious, or those that can't afford to risk even minor app compatibility issues, it would be best to wait for the iOS 7.01 or 7.02 updates, and check all critical apps to make sure they've been vetted for iOS 7 by their developers.

I'll probably update day one, but I've never been the patient sort.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was wondering too what ipad 2 would get and had just looked at the list before i saw this, I'm not too bothered really as my ipad will still serve me well for a while yet.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

The cautious, or those that can't afford to risk even minor app compatibility issues, it would be best to wait for the iOS 7.01 or 7.02 updates, and check all critical apps to make sure they've been vetted for iOS 7 by their developers.

I always say I'll wait a week or so then do it on day 2.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, day two, if you keep up with the news, is enough to know if there are any radical problems. So you're not doing too bad. ;)
Thats right, i mean day one is manic anyway, everyone and his dog is downloading so i always wait until the initial flurry dies down and as you say you can see if there's any problems.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Good thoughts there. Also,, I might wait a day or two for the server load to calm down a bit.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, for iPad compatibility (and other i-Devices), click on the pic below - nice visual representation. And if you can't wait for the official Apple manual (assume one will be available for a free DL), then there are a bunch of 'cheap' Kindle books on Amazon HERE - bought a $2 one a week or so ago - did not teach me much, but the price was right.

I have an iPad 2, and most of the non-compatible features don't bother me - probably would not use them; but looking forward to the 'Control Center', hopefully better multi-tasking as promised, and will be interested in improvements in certain apps, e.g. will the relatively lousy Photo App come out revamped like a Hollywood starlet! :D Well, I doubt it - there will likely still be a bunch of photo posts to address, me thinks? Dave :)

xvfkAzI.jpg

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish I had the patience to wait to even day two! SO excited! I need to get a life!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I wish I had the patience to wait to even day two! SO excited! I need to get a life!

Well, some might say that the iPad is a Life! :D

Wife just emerged from the hallway to cook my dinner - she was 'hugging' her iPad Mini - maybe I need a new wife?

Just kidding - ;) (she's a member and might read this post) - Dave :)

Screen Shot 2013-09-16 at 6.08.43 PM.png

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts