What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6 update

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have just finished updating my iPhone 4 to iOS 6. I've been running 6 on my iPad 2 for a while now and thought it was time to update. I prepared the phone for the update by clearing enough space. I also did the update through iTunes, rather than over the air.

Having been made aware of the potential problems after updating, I checked everything I could think of after doing the update.

Photographs. A slight glitch. Initially, the phone reported that there were no photographs in Camera Roll, but after a few seconds, it restored 573 photographs.
Wifi connectivity. Works with no need to mess with Settings.
Bookmarks. All present and correct, and automatically added bookmarks from iPad to iPhone.
Music. All present and correct.
Email. 3 accounts working. VIP list transferred from iPad automatically.
Safari. Incredibly fast download speeds compared to 5.1.1.
FaceTime/iMessage. Working OK.

I don't think I've missed anything. The update did exactly what it was supposed to, with no data loss or problems.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
I have just finished updating my iPhone 4 to iOS 6. I've been running 6 on my iPad 2 for a while now and thought it was time to update. I prepared the phone for the update by clearing enough space. I also did the update through iTunes, rather than over the air.

Having been made aware of the potential problems after updating, I checked everything I could think of after doing the update.

Photographs. A slight glitch. Initially, the phone reported that there were no photographs in Camera Roll, but after a few seconds, it restored 573 photographs.
Wifi connectivity. Works with no need to mess with Settings.
Bookmarks. All present and correct, and automatically added bookmarks from iPad to iPhone.
Music. All present and correct.
Email. 3 accounts working. VIP list transferred from iPad automatically.
Safari. Incredibly fast download speeds compared to 5.1.1.
FaceTime/iMessage. Working OK.

I don't think I've missed anything. The update did exactly what it was supposed to, with no data loss or problems.

That's been my experience as well. I did have to forget a few networks that used to connect to and reconnect to them but that was it. Safari is a better experience, battery power seems unaffected, and everything else is working pretty much like it was before the upgrade. I understand that some people have had issues but I've been pleased thus far.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I updated to 6 and everything has been working as it should.

Things seem pretty much the same.

Most reactions

Latest posts