What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6 to Launch September 19

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I plan to leave the update screen on my iPad 2 looking like this for a while.

image-808563265.jpg

kmawer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LoneStar1948 said:
Just downgraded my iPad 2 from iOS 6 back to 5.1.1. Nothing in 6 to compensate for the loss of Google Maps and Streetview imo. The new maps app is so poor that I wonder what on earth could have persuaded Apple that it was a good idea to release it at this stage.

Is this easy to do? I'm new to iOS and was impressed until this latest "downgrade", had just ordered an iphone5 but might cancel now as still in time....... Very disappointing, should have left google maps as was until apple had something better to offer......!

So is it easy to revert to previous iOS.....without too much fuss or risk........?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
kmawer said:
Is this easy to do? I'm new to iOS and was impressed until this latest "downgrade", had just ordered an iphone5 but might cancel now as still in time....... Very disappointing, should have left google maps as was until apple had something better to offer......!

So is it easy to revert to previous iOS.....without too much fuss or risk........?

Once the signing window for iOS 5.1.1 closes, you won't be able to downgrade. The signing window could close at any time now. Once it does, it's too late.

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
susanlackey said:
I am loving the updates. I can see myself using Siri a lot. The added Facebook integration is awesome. I like the new "do not disturb" and so many other new features I keep finding.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I want Siri next check must get a iPad3 yes!!

NGC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was told by Apple Tech that I couldn't reverse back to ios5. If possible I will run as fast as I can from this disastrous attempt with Apple Maps.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I hope everyone is doing well!!

Very happy camper here, that I purchased the new iPad 3, and waited for iOS6 before doing anything irrational.
I don't know why anyone was complaining about this update. I'm finding it very sweet.
Many updates from the two hundred I may never get the benefit from, as I'm a casual user. Not a power user.
But all in all, so far it seems quite stable and I find no fault.

I'm only pissed off, that I have lost all the favorites on my YouTube account, but hey, what goes around...
Not too keen on the iPad YouTube app either.

Enjoy your iPad and iOS6...

Chas

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Redhotpoker said:
Hi,
I hope everyone is doing well!!

Very happy camper here, that I purchased the new iPad 3, and waited for iOS6 before doing anything irrational.
I don't know why anyone was complaining about this update. I'm finding it very sweet.
Many updates from the two hundred I may never get the benefit from, as I'm a casual user. Not a power user.
But all in all, so far it seems quite stable and I find no fault.

I'm only pissed off, that I have lost all the favorites on my YouTube account, but hey, what goes around...
Not too keen on the iPad YouTube app either.

Enjoy your iPad and iOS6...

Chas

The iPad YouTube app hasn't yet been released. I don't doubt it will work better on the iPad than the iPhone app that's available now.

Pete.ke001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shame on you Apple for not supporting the original iPad, which only came out less than 30 months ago, with the IOS 6 upgrade. A company that does not fully support such a young platform will not get my support or money in the future.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pete.North said:
Shame on you Apple for not supporting the original iPad, which only came out less than 30 months ago, with the IOS 6 upgrade. A company that does not fully support such a young platform will not get my support or money in the future.

I today's world of rapid technological change the iPad 1 is ancient. The iPad 1 just isn't capable of handling the system demands of iOS 6.

Most reactions

Latest posts