What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed by Apple - Original iPad Will Not Get iOS 6

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
ipad-plane1.JPG

Following on from the excitement of Apple’s announcement of iOS 6 at its WWDC today, the obligatory press release to accompany the announcement brings with it some sad news for owners of the original iPad. There it is, in black and white, the news that iOS 6 will only be available for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, the new iPad, iPad 2 and iPod touch fourth generation. Here’s what Apple’s senior vice president of iOS Software, Scott Forstall, said about the new update. Sounds great, but only if you’ve got an iPad 2 or 3.

“iOS 6 continues the rapid pace of innovation that is helping Apple reinvent the phone and create the iPad category, delivering the best mobile experience available on any device,” said Scott Forstall, Apple's senior vice president of iOS Software. “We can’t wait for hundreds of millions of iOS users to experience the incredible new features in iOS 6 including the new Maps app, expanded Siri support, deep Facebook integration, Shared Photo Streams and the innovative new Passbook app.”

Source: Apple

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple never announces when new iOS versions will be released. However, based on their past history, we expect the release to be available to the general public sometime this fall.

Really, that's about as close as we can get with a guess...

Marilyn

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple says it will be out this fall. Says so on its website.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that, KayKayKay. I was just winging the answer...

Pretty good guess, though, yeah? :)

Marilyn

Please give me the lottery numbers for coming days. I don't normally buy them, but heck....

Most reactions

Latest posts