What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Operating System

susanac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have Windows 7. I want to upgrade os for my ipad 2 and am finding it very difficult. I tried to upgrade itunes, but it would not install. Any suggestions? Is there any way just to upgrade os directly to ipad through wifi?

Maybe I should not upgrade os. I want to be able to use cloud: install apps to the cloud, upload my photos to cloud, use apps from cloud. Might save a lot of space on ipad.

matcamp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well with iOS 5 you can use the iCloud but if you don't want to switch you can use third-party cloud software (i.e. Dropbox, Box.net).

Do you have problems with iTunes or with your iPad in the upgrade?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Susan,
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear your difficulty with updating itunes. I have read that turning off the anti-virus program on your PC may allow for a successful update. This was especially true when updating the ipad's OS to 5. See this: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-5-0-1-upgrade-troubleshooting.html

Y
ou will need to update your ipad's operating system to 5.0 or greater in order to receive future update over the air. What is your current version on our ipad? You can verify this by going to Ipad settings/ General/About/Version.

Regarding icloud, here is an link to Apple's website for cloud info: Apple - iCloud - All your music on all your devices.
Good luck. Let us know if you need further help.

shenmarky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple iphone 5 is proceeding to be released with iOS 5.0 getting notice center.The new launch is the latest landmark along a preplanned direction of progression.The ios 5.0 release has become a effective gaming foundation in the world.

Most reactions