What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.e WiFi FAIL

Balthasar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't have "Forget this Network" in a white box at the top of the page, you've got more serious problems. Time to try a soft-reset. Press the HOME and SLEEP buttons until the Apple icon appears, then release the buttons and wait for it to reboot.
Now, if you still don't have "Forget this Network", it may be time for a restore.
Thanks for your help Pocobear. I tried all sorts of stuff then finally did a restore and now things are back to normal. I was frightened of doing the restore as I wasn't sure how it would finish up and if I'd lose stuff. But it went well. Goodness knows why my new passion went on the blink.

Smilesbypayet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problems - completely unable to connect to my home Wifi. Don't know about if it will connect at work or not. I've reset the router, did the "forget this network," did the reset on the iPad, turned the PC off and back on......nothing seems to work. It does accept my network password and the signal strength at the top left is at full. But no Safari, no email, no AppStore, nada. :mad:

Miketank2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wi-Fi Failure

I have a WiFi only Ipad and also having this issue. I have tried to reset the modem, Router, and Ipad with no results.
Itunes reconizes my Ipad but my network does not. When i try to connect to network i am asked for password and am told that i have entered the wrong password. I have been very careful on how i entered it and know that i am doing it correctly.
When i open my ipad network settings all data blocks are blank. no IPaddress, subnet, router, DNS, domain or Client ID. Also no option to renew this lease or forget this connection.
Anyone know what is going on. I have tried reinstalling iOS and continue to get the same information.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Stating that you upgraded without any problems is Not useful help.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This sounds crazy, but try turning your screen brightness down a little. I had mine the brightest possible, turned it down a little and have stayed connected to WIFI for the past 4 hours. I did not do a restore. Hopefully it will last and this was the fix. I came across this fix will surfing around the net. Really odd...but it seems to work!

Give it a try!

Funny that this comes up as it was a fix if you will for many with iOS 3.2.1

If it works yay!

Supernova

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a similar problem, my iPad connects and it shows signal strength but no application has connection, but if I go and renew lease it all works fine for few min as long as I am continua sly using the device, once I stop using it nothing connects to the Internet until I renew lease. I have also tried resetting, forgetting, everything but no fix for this problem.
Hope apple gives an update soon because this is not workable at all and I am getting really frustrated with my used to be trusted iPad.

Smilesbypayet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the people having good success with their WiFi -- what routers are y'all using? I have a business-class Linksys WRV200 wireless router that is about 2 years old. After trying every solution I could find, and then even having my business IT company do some investigating, it seems that this router simply does not have the settings that will support the iPad in some way. I am going to buy a new router today with the hope that this will work, but would like some recommendations.

I do need business-class, as I do a lot of work from home with patient information (dentist) and need the additional security.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think there are still Gremlins in the iOS code since 3.2 (original).

It is just never as reliable as my notebook(s) and iPhone nor with as far a range.

newt0nsbump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No wifi

Nothing on this page has helped me get my WiFi working. I was havingg a problem sending/receving email, but I fixed this by restoring factory settings. Email working fine now, but I have no wifi even though iPad recogiozes my home network. And, as of this moment, my ipad is less than three feet from my router. Help!!!

r0ll1ng1Pad

gbt62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluetooth ?

do you have bluetooth turned on also ? try turning it off and see if wifi improves.

on my 16g wifi/3g I had wifi issues ever since the last IOS update. Read elsewhere about bluetooth causing wifi issues. Turned mine off and works great ever since. I need my bluetooth keyboard though so Im looking for a better fix ....

Supernova

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to update you all, I was so fed up, I went out a got a new linksys router E2000 and it has been 5 days since and I never had to renew lease or anything I pad worked fine now but this has cost me 110 USD but I am happy with the new router it is giving me better range and more features.
Try it, it may work for you.

Most reactions

Latest posts