What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.3 Video Mirroring?

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether this will work with with the existing Apple VGA adaptor? I actually assumed that the VGA adaptor would do this when I bought it, only to find that it only shows streamed content at the moment.

I don't understand why outputting to an external screen hasn't been available from the start as per PCs and, I assume, Macs.

What I would REALLY like to see is this "feature" to be available via Airplay to ATV.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure this only works with the HDMI adaptor. Since it also detects the orientation of the iPad and adjusts the video, there may be more to it than just video/audio out. At any rate, Apple mentions no other adaptors.

Apple - iPad - Share what

Of course they didn't mention that USB keyboards would work with the camera adaptor kit, so we might be in for a pleasant surprise.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I'm fairly sure this only works with the HDMI adaptor. Since it also detects the orientation of the iPad and adjusts the video, there may be more to it than just video/audio out. At any rate, Apple mentions no other adaptors.

Apple - iPad - Share what

Of course they didn't mention that USB keyboards would work with the camera adaptor kit, so we might be in for a pleasant surprise.

Anyone know how much the hdmi kit is? And I guess it don't come out till the 11th huh?

Most reactions

Latest posts