What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.3.2 iPad 2 Bluetooth noisy

Bsilverthorn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since my upgrade to 4.3.2 my bluetooth headphones are considerably more noisy. Silent areas are filled with white noise and sound has a tough of garbling to it.

Sound from iphone or Ipod non 4.32 still sounds good on same headphones. so it is not the phones, transitions between songs are noisy as well.

Tried rebooting, resetting Ipad settings, turn on and off BT on both devices. Almost sounds like channel noise. I can not figure out a way to make it go away. This is a first.

Any ideas.

Brett

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since my upgrade to 4.3.2 my bluetooth headphones are considerably more noisy. Silent areas are filled with white noise and sound has a tough of garbling to it.

Sound from iphone or Ipod non 4.32 still sounds good on same headphones. so it is not the phones, transitions between songs are noisy as well.

Tried rebooting, resetting Ipad settings, turn on and off BT on both devices. Almost sounds like channel noise. I can not figure out a way to make it go away. This is a first.

Any ideas.

Brett

I moved this to the Help section with a redirect from the original location as I thought you might get a better response.

Tim

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently bought a bluetooth speaker, and theres a strange sound a bit like if you have some paper near a speaker, and it vibrates. it gets worse the louder the volume is. i'v tried resetting my ipad 2, but no change.

the bluetooth connection also disconnects after around 1/2 an hour...

i sometimes get the same annoying sound using my ipod touch 4g, but a reset usually fixes it.

apparently wifi can interfere with the bluetooth connection, so i'll try turning my wifi off on my ipad 2, and see if that fixes it. if not i'll try turning the wifi off on my router too.

software wise, my ipad 2 hasnt been updated since i bought it, so i think its at 4.3. my ipod touch 4g is something like 4.2 or 4.2.1

my problem is slightly different to you beings you say the problem only started after updating, but i'll let you know tomorrow if turning wifi off, helped me anyway. :p

*edit*
Nope, no difference at all lol, and I have the ipad around 1 foot from my speaker, so it's not like it should have a weak signal. So much for wireless music. I guess I'm stuck with connecting it via a wire...

Last edited:

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an update. I fixed my dodgy Bluetooth sound.

It turned out it was wifi messing with the sound. I was laying in bed, thinking how I could fix the problem (as you do lol), beings I turned off the wifi on my iPad and router, and that didn't help. Then all of a sudden it hit me!, my pc uses a wireless mouse and keyboard, which of corse also uses wifi. *face palms*.

Anyway, the next day I unplugged the keyboard and mouse's USB wireless thingy, and the sound was fixed! *dances*. In fact they were the only things causing the problem. I turned on my router's wifi again, and it didn't affect the sound. :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Although the the keyboard and mouse may bill themselves as wireless, this is not the same thing as Wifi, also sometimes called wireless, or 3G , also sometimes called wireless, or bluetooth, also sometimes called wireless. :rolleyes:

The frequencies and modes are very different.

Consider, your keyboard and mouse do not need the router on to work. The do their own thing with the dongle.

Wireless is pretty much just a generic term for something without wires. It's been a buzz word since the wireless phone hit the market, you know, the ones that were more convenient than the ones with handset cords.

The wireless keyboard/mouse should not have interfered with your bluetooth, but sometimes a radio (of any type) will put out noise on adjacent or or harmonic frequencies. This tends to be because of bad design, bad grounding, or components and/or connections that are going bad.

Occasionally it will be a receivers fault. This will almost always be bad design.

Rarely noise can be picked up in devices that have no radio at all, but that takes a really strong signal source, and wireless keyboards and mice have very weak transmitters.

So what does that mean?

It means you might want to try your bluetooth headset around other wireless keyboards and mice. A mix of the same and different models would be good. That way you can determine if it is really the keyboard and mouse that you should be replacing, or the headset.

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting stuff. I do have another wireless mouse. A razor mamba (it's great!), I'v just been too lazy to use it beings my other mouse was already plugged in lol.

I'll try using that tomorrow and see how it goes. If it works without messing with my sound, I could use that and my apple Bluetooth keyboard on my pc. :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

*edit*
Well I plugged in my razer mouse's usb "dongle" I think is the right name lol. And tried my music, and it had the same static type noise... I then turned off my mouse, speaker, and the bluetooth on my iPod. I then turned them all back on again, and the music is now sounding great... :confused: (I turned on the mouse after the bluetooth speaker connected).

I guess maybe if the mouse messes up the bluetooth connection while it's connecting, then I get a weaker signal or something, and when I tried the second time, my iPod and speaker connected before my mouse got working and communicating with the dongle, so the connection was stronger?.

Anyway, at least now I'm using my better mouse and my apple keyboard. It makes using my pc a lot more enjoyable experience lol. :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts