What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 latest update release news

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL , friday is about to end here in the Philippines.

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man this is really irking me at this point. I am having issues with the iPad's/wireless here on Campus and I'm hoping this update fixes them. Meanwhile I can't do anything but tell clients to wait...

mjs31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to Macstories (read on appadvice ipad app), the release is delayed at least one week due to wifi issues. Hoping it is not true, but it very well may be.

No link sorry...

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You all are confused. Everyone will get access to the update at the same instant in time. If it appears on the Apple servers at 10PST, that is just a frame of reference. Your local day/time at that instant will depend on your location, but nobody can get to the update before anyone else just because of their time zone. Sure, the Aussie may see the update post early on Saturday where he lives, but there haven't been people in New York downloading it for half a day before he could.
This is one reason all military computers use GMT.

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Engadget today

Sorry, Apple mobile device users, your first little pre-holidays gift has been delayed. Apple has reportedly canceled today's expected iOS 4.2 release, the controversial one that might or might not be lacking AirPrint. We'd hoped to solve that particular mystery before the weekend, but it seems we'll have to wait a little longer thanks to a serious looking connectivity bug plaguing the iPad. Many users of the Golden Master version of 4.2 reported that a WiFi connection could be established by their devices but, once made, they were unable to actually do anything on the 'net, and not being able to do anything on the 'net is what we like to call a Very Bad Thing. No word on exactly when a new version will be available, but it should still drop within the next few weeks.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/12/ios-4-2-reportedly-delayed-ipad-wifi-issues-to-blame/

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably have a good week or so on this one. Apple still needs to push out iTunes 10.1 for some of the new OS features to even work.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just D/L the second GM yesterday everything seems in working condition! Its a real improvement!

Most reactions

Latest posts