What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 15

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I downloaded IOS 15 and got several problems. I had to delete my Norton360 app to get rid of my VPN because it caused me to lose my Wi-Fi. Delete app, Wi-Fi back. No good explanation from Apple.

Next problem. A chat site I use does not work with IOS 15, not on my iPad or iPhone. But on my old iPad with the 14 something version it does. Any thoughts?

Nickjay3x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded IOS 15 And Apple Mail doesn’t work! Help! when I open Apple Mail several icons open. When I select inbox nothing happens. A couple of times when a tried to open Apple mail my inbox opened but I couldn’t open a specific email. I also use Outlook which stills work. I’ve considered deleting Apple mail and reloading it but I’m concerned I’ll lose my contacts or all the mail boxes I had. Any suggestions to fix these problems.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just downloaded IOS 15 And Apple Mail doesn’t work! Help! when I open Apple Mail several icons open. When I select inbox nothing happens. A couple of times when a tried to open Apple mail my inbox opened but I couldn’t open a specific email. I also use Outlook which stills work. I’ve considered deleting Apple mail and reloading it but I’m concerned I’ll lose my contacts or all the mail boxes I had. Any suggestions to fix these problems.
Your contacts are tied to your email account(s) which is/are set up in Settings, so you won’t lose them.
The mail boxes might be syncing to other devices as well, so they should reappear.

Before deleting the built in Mail app, try the following:
Try force closing the app: double tap the Home button or swipe upwards from the bottom to show the App Switcher, then swipe the app towards the top.
Aerofly’s advice is also recommended. Just restart your iPad. In most cases it helps after an update.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just downloaded IOS 15 And Apple Mail doesn’t work! Help! when I open Apple Mail several icons open.
As I tend to look at emails on my iPhone, I came across what I think you mean by icons last night - See attached screenshot. A description is in the iPad iOS 15 User Guide and the icons seem to relate to current email drafts.
The solution, for me, is the circle and three enclosed lines in the lower left hand corner. Tap this and you are back at your normal Mail screen (hopefully!)

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry, I think that the screenshot did not attach… try again
90E66B68-88E1-4ED2-9152-00389FE393F7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

auntyj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I turn off split screen in Safari in iOS 15.4 please?
I mean completely disable it, so it doesn’t happen. I could do it in iOS 14 (can’t remember how) but it’s suddenly started happening again. Unfortunately, when I “Merge all Screens” to get out of it, next time I open Safari I’ve lost some of my tabs, it’s very, very annoying.
Online searches all say to go to Homescreen & Dock, then choose “Multitasking” & switch off “Allow Multiple Apps”. However, “Multitasking” doesn’t bleeping exist!!!
Any assistance gratefully accepted, many thanks 🙏

auntyj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Multitasking has been removed from Settings with iPadOS 15. It‘s not possible to turn it off any more.

When you‘re in Safari, try avoiding the three dots at the top.
I was afraid of that.
Thanks for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts