What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 14.2 Keyboard for passwords

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that if you need to enter a password, for example to log into a website in Safari or in an app, the keyboard can take 10-15 seconds to appear? I have noticed this on both my old iPad air 2 and also on my iPhone 8. I don’t think that this occurred prior to 14.1 and may simply be 14.2.
To log in to a website, or in one case to register a password to a new app, I can enter the username with no problem. I then tap on the password field box and a white area comes up at the bottom of the screen where the keyboard would be, but no keyboard. After a lengthy delay, the keyboard appears.
If the username and password are already saved in Safari or 1password, there is not a problem.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven’t noticed any delays like that on my iPhone or my iPad Pro.

OP
NSquirrel

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The delay occurred again yesterday when registering to a new website via Safari on my iPad. I cannot see any user-related reason for this to happen, so I have submitted a bug report to Apple.

Most reactions