What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

introduction

rlewis60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to forums but will try to muddle through this. I am retired Navy and am now living in the country on a couple of acres in North Florida. I am an armchair model railroad hobbiest. I do a little gardening and have a few chickens for eggs. My wife and I are trying to help raise 2 12 yr old girls and thats a full time job. Other than that I try to use my computer Mac and pc. Not very good with either. I am planning on getting an ipad but for once will wait for the next one, in hopes a few missing items might be included. Google is also coming on strong and bears watching. I also have an iphone but find it difficult for web crawling. My 65 yr old eyes aren't what they used to be. I am hoping the ipad will be much better. I don't do a lot of serious computing so I think and ipad will do great. I may be able to drop some of the things on the iphone or just get a plain phone and use the ipad when possible. Now that I've learned to text I don't use many minutes on the phone.
Any way I look forward to learning what I can before I get the ipad. My wife just wants to be able to do farmville from pogo. She also is in a chat room VP Chat. But can only chat on the pc. Don't know if the ipad will be strong enough for Pogo.
Thanks for the welcome aboard.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You won't be able to use Pogo on an iPad, as there is no Flash support. Which also means no Facebook flash games, like Farmville. There are rumors of Farmville and others of that type, getting their own iPad/iPhone versions.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome! Don't forget to read the post "The iPad - For Absolute Beginners" in the FAQ forum.

Most reactions

Latest posts