What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intro.

Chelston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning,
I have just purchased and iPad Pro 9.7" (1st Generation) as a Christmas present for my wife and I'm hoping that the Forum will be able to assist me in setting things up for her. To date we have both had Windows or Android so things are a bit strange to me and we are both of the "older" generation.

The iPad Pro that I purchased is reconditioned and I have established that it was used by an Australian Primary School previously. It is in excellent condition cosmetically and appears to work very well as far as I am able to tell. However, the reconditioning did not remove all the previous owner's personal detail nor some of the "professional" apps which I am having trouble removing. I can just ignore the professional apps for the time being but I have just gone onto bluetooth and the previous owners name is in the "recognised as" text. Does anyone know how I can remove this so that I can insert my wife's name or whatever she wishes to be in there. The iPad now has her name as the user by the way.

If anyone can give me a little guidance on this I will be very grateful and no doubt more requests will follow as I get into it.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Good morning,
I have just purchased and iPad Pro 9.7" (1st Generation) as a Christmas present for my wife and I'm hoping that the Forum will be able to assist me in setting things up for her. To date we have both had Windows or Android so things are a bit strange to me and we are both of the "older" generation.

The iPad Pro that I purchased is reconditioned and I have established that it was used by an Australian Primary School previously. It is in excellent condition cosmetically and appears to work very well as far as I am able to tell. However, the reconditioning did not remove all the previous owner's personal detail nor some of the "professional" apps which I am having trouble removing. I can just ignore the professional apps for the time being but I have just gone onto bluetooth and the previous owners name is in the "recognised as" text. Does anyone know how I can remove this so that I can insert my wife's name or whatever she wishes to be in there. The iPad now has her name as the user by the way.

If anyone can give me a little guidance on this I will be very grateful and no doubt more requests will follow as I get into it.
The only people who can remove the corporate data are the admin at the Primary School. Can you contact them to see if they can do this remotely?

Last edited:
OP
C

Chelston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only people who can remove the corporative data are the admin at the Primary School. Can you contact them to see if they can do this remotely?
Hi Jupiter7,
Thanks for your info. Unfortunately I don't have any contact info for them only various bits of information on the iPad so we will just have to live with it I think. Thanks again

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Jupiter7,
Thanks for your info. Unfortunately I don't have any contact info for them only various bits of information on the iPad so we will just have to live with it I think. Thanks again
You could contact the seller. They should have made sure the iPad was completely cleared. Good luck!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts