What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International support wi fi & 3g

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ceerou said:
I bought an IPAD2 in US and registered it there. I live part-time in France and I would like to access apps and films from the French itunes store but not lose my US apps and be able to switch between US and French stores in the future. Can you tell me how to do this?

Just authorize both accounts on your computer in iTunes and you're good to go. Apps from both accounts will now be available for syncing to any of your iDevices.

- Sent from my Brand-New Jailbroken iPad 2! :D

Prashanth_MR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi My name is PRASHANTH! I wanted to know in photos how to delete duplicate photos & how to edit photos.

Last edited:

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Prashanth_MR said:
Hi My name is PRASHANTH! I wanted to know in photos how to delete duplicate photos & how to edit photos.

To edit photos, you have to download the application on the App Store. Search for Adobe Photoshop Express, it's the best photo editor for iOS. To delete photos, you have to know whether it is in your camera roll or not. If it comes from your PC, you cannot delete the photos in iOS. You'll have to delete them from your PC.

- Sent from my Highly-Personalized jailbroken iPad 2! :D

maggs2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Iphone 4, a Iphone 3gs, and a Ipad 2 (3g though we don't use it and don't have a plan). My intention is to only use the Wifi on the products internationally. Thinking I wouldn't get any charges.
- Iphones: It seems to me that we can put the iphones in Airplane Mode, then manually go in and turn the WiFi on. Wouldn't this work to avoid any charges using it?
- Ipad: Since we don't have a 3g plan, I am assuming we need do nothing and when we are in a hotspot, we can just connect. Is that correct?

I do have a problem. In our first international travel with these products... our Ipad and our Iphone 3gs in Airplane mode, with wifi manually turned on, (didn't have the 4g) would NOT connect to wifi on the plane or in Azerbaijan. Is there something I am missing? I just assumed I would connect to WiFi just like I do at our home Wifi or any other area we are in hot spots in the states.

mas16sept

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mas16sept

Can i buy an 3g wi-fi ipad in usa for use in uk... Im wanting to put in a micro sim on a uk provider like o2,

sam000000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Verizon model will only work in the US because it uses the CDMA 3G protocol that only exists in the US.

The AT&T model uses GSM, which will work in almost any other country in the world, with the notable exception, I believe, of Japan. You will need to initialise the iPad in the US but then it will work in your country with a locally-obtained microSIM - if you can't get a microSIM a regular SIM can (literally) be cut to size to fit the iPad - you can easily find details on the web.

Tim
Scotland

Hi everyone! I am currently studying in U.S. and planning to get IPAD3 4G with me when I go back to Hong Kong this summer. I have a question regarding IPAD3 4G, and I have been reading some posts about IPAD2 3G. Now I understand that the SIM of IPAD3 4G is not locked. I also know at&t is the one I should get.

However, I am wondering what Mr. Tim meant by " initialise the iPad in the US ." Can I just go straight to use the locally-obtained Micro Sim card once I am back to Hong Kong without doing anything about the at&t account in U.S. (not even open the box lol)? If not, how can i initialise it?

thank you

jdcasey4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sam000000 said:
Hi everyone! I am currently studying in U.S. and planning to get IPAD3 4G with me when I go back to Hong Kong this summer. I have a question regarding IPAD3 4G, and I have been reading some posts about IPAD2 3G. Now I understand that the SIM of IPAD3 4G is not locked. I also know at&t is the one I should get.

However, I am wondering what Mr. Tim meant by " initialise the iPad in the US ." Can I just go straight to use the locally-obtained Micro Sim card once I am back to Hong Kong without doing anything about the at&t account in U.S. (not even open the box lol)? If not, how can i initialise it?

thank you

I have a similar issue, I have a USA initialized iPad 2, bought the AT&T data plan before I left the us. I am now in the Czech republic, Prague and I get no service. So I have to install a sim card? How is that done and where do you find these? Funny, AT&T said nothing about that when I bought the plan. Thanks!

some_boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I'm from Russia. We have some issues with buing iPads. For example, we don't have stable wi-fi signal anywhere we want, so we need device with 3d. But cost of the same model with 3d and without is different in the two times. It's terrible.

Most reactions

Latest posts