What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insurer Claims to be the First Company to Hold Paperless Board Meeting With iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

UK-based insurance firm Torus has today laid claim to being the first company in the UK to hold entirely paperless board meetings following a trial using iPads.

At a board meeting in Bermuda last week, the company's directors left their four-inch thick paper board packs behind and instead used iPads to review documents and work with materials during the board sessions. Prior to switching over to the iPad, Torus was typically printing 1,600 pages for each pack and couriering the material to directors based in Bermuda, Jersey City and London.

Torus says that the savings in printing and courier charges meant that the iPads paid for themselves after just one meeting.

"Our iPads also enable the board to view board pack modules as and when they're written in advance of each meeting. Once the pack is complete, we then receive it as an iBook. It is a compelling way to work - at our last board meeting everyone was engaged with the business in hand."

Tim Fillingham, chief operating officer for the UK and chief marketing officer at Torus.

Source: Torus

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back twenty years ago the president of the company I worked for sent around an email memo declaring that we would become a 'paperless office' by the end of the year. The first thing most if the staff did was print a copy.

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol, it amazes me how many people in our office print off their emails "just in case" - and then do nothing with them.

In case what? I just make regular backups of my inbox. No trees involved.

It always seems to be the "older" members of staff too.

Most reactions