What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insurance coverage for ipad

swelson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just talked to my agent re ; ipad , I can after providing a receipt and a serial # get it covered with (no deductible) for under 30 bucks a year :D

SiHersch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad insurance

You should look carefully at what is covered and what the service levels are. How long would you be without your iPad. For example in the UK home insurers often offer gadget insurance as an addon but are not expert in the gadget claims process. By comparison someone like iPad Insurance Cover have a 48 hour turnaround.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Florida homeowners insurance is a nightmare. I don't want to deal with them unless it's a real emergency so I just got the 3 year squaretrade insurance and I'm covered for anything.

laz305

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if we bought the iPad insurance from apple when we bought the iPad, what does it cover? I can't find specs on it lol

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Florida homeowners insurance is a nightmare. I don't want to deal with them unless it's a real emergency so I just got the 3 year squaretrade insurance and I'm covered for anything.

Me too. Since it covers accidental damage (like drops) I don't feel I have to baby my iPad. I also like the fact that you can transfer it or cancel and get a pro-rated refund.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Me too. Since it covers accidental damage (like drops) I don't feel I have to baby my iPad. I also like the fact that you can transfer it or cancel and get a pro-rated refund.

Yea I have a 3 1/2 yr old and a soon to be 2 yr old. Accidental damage will occur, it's only a matter of time.

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just talked to my agent re ; ipad , I can after providing a receipt and a serial # get it covered with (no deductible) for under 30 bucks a year :D

That is what I did too--$21 a year, no deductible, and quick payment. Covers any damage or loss.

chirsty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad to an existing insurance policy is often considerably less expensive than other solutions, but can be complicated.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those that feel they might be at significant risk, such as having four small children playing with your iPad, or using it in the swimming pool, I would advise doing a lil research on your homeowners company versus an apple or third party insurer specializing in gadgets.

Having gone both routes in the past, for me, my homeowners company was kind of complicated to deal with compared to the other guys. Their were a lot more restrictions in the fine print, and more paperwork to go through, longer waiting period, things like that. All companies are different, that's just been my experience.

troy01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I need to go for this Ensquared iPad insurance gives you 2 year protection against Accidental Damage including Drops and Spills plus Extended Warranty for only $94.99, $50 deductible, and 3 x $1000 claim value per claim. Ensquared insures all iPad devices up to 90 days old

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took out an insurance for my iPad 1 when I bought it. It got killed a couple of weeks ago. But the good thing is I'm writing here now with my iPad 2!!!! Cost me 100 euros as my smashed iPad 1 got me 499 euros back :)

Most reactions