What's new
Apple iPad Forum

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

inspirational quotes

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 11, 2012
Messages
22,043
Reaction score
14,884
Location
Apetlon, Austria
In the conquest of space, two problems have to be solved: the gravity and the paperwork. With gravity we would have been finished. (Wernher von Braun)
 

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 11, 2012
Messages
22,043
Reaction score
14,884
Location
Apetlon, Austria
Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act. Truman Capote
 

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
31,481
Reaction score
13,204
Location
Regina,Canada
"Happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace & gratitude." - Denis Waitley
 
Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
31,481
Reaction score
13,204
Location
Regina,Canada
"The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle." - Steve Jobs
 
Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
6,970
Reaction score
446
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.” - Steve Jobs

I think "Don't settle" is a good approach to life in general.
 

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Aug 6, 2011
Messages
10,665
Reaction score
1,470
Location
Edmonton AB Canada
Kaykaykay said:
I think "Don't settle" is a good approach to life in general.

Unfortunately, I think "I already settled" is a general approach to life in general.

Sorry.

Yanni. Greek local boy made good. During his concert at the Acropolis said "We are all the same, and if one person is capable of greatness, then we all are, because we are all the same."
 

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
6,970
Reaction score
446
Unfortunately, I think "I already settled" is a general approach to life in general.

Sorry.

Yanni. Greek local boy made good. During his concert at the Acropolis said "We are all the same, and if one person is capable of greatness, then we all are, because we are all the same."

Even little kids realize we're not all the same.

It's true that many people settle, and maybe they're OK with that. I wouldn't want to live like that.
 

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Aug 6, 2011
Messages
10,665
Reaction score
1,470
Location
Edmonton AB Canada
Kaykaykay said:
Even little kids realize we're not all the same.

It's true that many people settle, and maybe they're OK with that. I wouldn't want to live like that.

Nor me, but I think his point is that we all have the same potential, rather than that we are LITERALLY all the same. I paraphrased his quote. It made sense to me when I heard it, and as usual, I was lazy, trying to get the point across in as few words as possible. Don't blame him, blame me.
 

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
6,970
Reaction score
446
Nor me, but I think his point is that we all have the same potential, rather than that we are LITERALLY all the same. I paraphrased his quote. It made sense to me when I heard it, and as usual, I was lazy, trying to get the point across in as few words as possible. Don't blame him, blame me.

I don't think we even have the same potential. I was never going to grow up and be Einstein, no matter how hard I worked, or play in the NBA. I think we have potential -- not the same potential.

There's luck involved, too, of course. Someone in an African or Chinese village might be way smarter than I am, and might work even harder, but never have the opportunities I do, I figure. But since I do have the opportunities, I'm going to make the most of them, and not settle.
 

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
144
Location
Niagara-on-the-Lake Ontario Canada
Kaykaykay said:
I don't think we even have the same potential. I was never going to grow up and be Einstein, no matter how hard I worked, or play in the NBA. I think we have potential -- not the same potential.

There's luck involved, too, of course. Someone in an African or Chinese village might be way smarter than I am, and might work even harder, but never have the opportunities I do, I figure. But since I do have the opportunities, I'm going to make the most of them, and not settle.

My my Kaykaykay, you are truly profound, I love it. ;)

Opportunity is always knocking. The problem is that most people have self-doubt screaming so loud in their head they just don't hear it.
 

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
6,970
Reaction score
446
My my Kaykaykay, you are truly profound, I love it. ;)

Opportunity is always knocking. The problem is that most people have self-doubt screaming so loud in their head they just don't hear it.

I leave the profound stuff to greater minds than mine.

I see inspiration around me all the time. I'm going to a local business today, for instance, started by a woman who fled war, got herself smuggled to another country to stay alive, while risking life and limb, then eventually came to the U.S. as a refugee with nearly nothing. She's worked hard for everything, and is raising four amazing kids now. Even as she speaks in her broken English, I find that she approaches life in a way I find inspiring.
 

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
144
Location
Niagara-on-the-Lake Ontario Canada
Kaykaykay said:
I leave the profound stuff to greater minds than mine.

I see inspiration around me all the time. I'm going to a local business today, for instance, started by a woman who fled war, got herself smuggled to another country to stay alive, while risking life and limb, then eventually came to the U.S. as a refugee with nearly nothing. She's worked hard for everything, and is raising four amazing kids now. Even as she speaks in her broken English, I find that she approaches life in a way I find inspiring.

I disagree Kaykaykay, what you said was deep. I have great esteem for the lady you mention.

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
 

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 11, 2012
Messages
22,043
Reaction score
14,884
Location
Apetlon, Austria
It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves.
Francois De La Rochefoucauld
 

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 11, 2012
Messages
22,043
Reaction score
14,884
Location
Apetlon, Austria
There is only one person who could ever make you happy, and that person is you.
David Burns
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Top