What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insertion point problem

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since upgrading to iPadOS 15 I’ve noticed some strange behaviour when typing replies into forums. After typing I have tried to add a smilie or some other item from the menu bar but even though the insertion point is in the correct place at the end of my text it appears somewhere else. Quite often in someone else’s text I’ve quoted. On one occasion I was unable to put it where I wanted it without putting in lots of returns and then deleting them afterwards. Anyone else noticed this? It’s happened on at least two different forums so far. 😕 I just added this smilie and it appeared in the right place - isn’t that always the way!😁

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since upgrading to iPadOS 15 I’ve noticed some strange behaviour when typing replies into forums. After typing I have tried to add a smilie or some other item from the menu bar but even though the insertion point is in the correct place at the end of my text it appears somewhere else. Quite often in someone else’s text I’ve quoted. On one occasion I was unable to put it where I wanted it without putting in lots of returns and then deleting them afterwards. Anyone else noticed this? It’s happened on at least two different forums so far. [emoji53] I just added this smilie and it appeared in the right place - isn’t that always the way![emoji16]

Testing to see what happens[emoji3]

I have not noticed a similar problem.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, I've seen this occasionally. Most often for me, the insertion point is somewhere in the middle of the text, but the new characters appear at the end. Updating to 15 was a big mistake.

OP
Willster

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is forum I sometimes comment on and I just cannot get smilies to go anywhere other than in quoted text. Very frustrating. Never had this on any other version of iPadOS so it must be a 15 problem. It needs to be fixed as I use smilies a lot for context.

Most reactions